The common written exam for bank jobs is coming near but we get candidates asking,”I have missed the payment receipt.What to do.Can I write the exam”.Inorder to help them, we have compiled the options available for those who have lost their challan.This article also aims to create an awareness among other applicants on the need to preserve their receipts.
No receipt, No exam: In a recently concluded written exam for SBI PO recruitment, candidates without original fee receipt were not allowed to write the test (report).
With Payment challans being the only proof to ensure that a candidate has paid the fee for bank jobs, IBPS & public banks are advising all applicants to carry their original payment receipt to the exam & interview centre.
Banks have started to announce vacancies for those with valid scorecards & candidates interested to apply will have to remit fees again to each of them.
So it has become necessary to preserve your challan receipt, after payment of money at the branch.
Here are some of the common situations that you may face & the required steps to take,
Lost the receipt after registering application: If you have completed the application registration process, but lost the payment receipt,
* Visit the branch where you deposited the fees along with the application printout & payment details
* Request a duplicate challan copy by showing the application that has transaction id,reference no. etc.,
Lost receipt before filling application: If you have lost the payment receipt before entering it on the application,
* Check if you have noted the transaction ID, challan no. or any payment info elsewhere.If yes, head for the branch & request for a duplicate copy from them with those details.
* Incase you don't have any info of payment, then it may be difficult to get a duplicate copy.But you can approach the bank to see if they can help you but the chances of them issuing a duplicate is low as banks will ask for some proof of payment made at their branch.
The below option is only for IBPS common exam,
Lost online payment receipt: Some applicants pay/ have paid their fees through debit/credit cards,netbanking etc.,To get a copy of receipt for online payment,
* Visit the online application link (used for registration) at IBPS.in website.
* Click on ‘eInvoice Printout Reprint’ & enter the required details.
* Take a printout of the generated receipt.
Remember to carry the original payment receipt along with application form or call letter, photo ID or any other documents mentioned in the notice, as you will not be permitted to attend bank exams or interviews without it.
Don't forget !!