Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) has released its latest recruitment of clerks for the year 2013.TMB was established in 1921 & since then it has grown to become one of the popular private sector banks based in south India.Tamilnadu mercantile bank currently has a network of over 235 branches across India.
While the common written exam & interviews are only for jobs in government owned banks, vacancies in private banking companies are filled through their individual selection procedures.
Dates to note:
Online registration of applications from May 22 to June 15, 2013
Written test dates shall be informed later
Clerk cadre – with pay in the range of approx.Rs.15,620 /month
Who are Eligible:
Anyone who wishes to apply for clerk jobs in Tamilnad mercantile bank has to satisfy the following conditions,
- IBPS scores are not required & hence anyone can apply
- Arts/ Science degree holders must have 55% marks or pass in PG course.Incase of BE/ Btech, candidate must have secured 60% marks.
- Age not be above 24yrs (for UG) & 26 yrs (for PG grads), as on March 31, 2013
- Proficiency in Tamil language required (read/write & speak)
Correspondence/Open university degree holders are not eligible.
Test for Selection:
Similar to previous years, TMB shall conduct an online test (objective type) & its is necessary for applicants to qualify in this to secure a place for personal interviews.
The test is to be held at Tamilnadu centres only (Chennai, Salem, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Trichy & Thoothukudi).So other state applicants should choose any of the above centre & travel to appear for the exam.
Based on these results candidates shall be shortlisted for the final Interview
How to register
To make sure your application is accepted, follow the steps as mentioned by the bank to prevent any rejections.
The application fee is Rs.300 (Rs.150 for sc/st) which should be paid as demand draft in favor of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd.
- Once its done, visit career.tmb.in to register & upload your latest resume
- After logging in proceed to submit your online application for clerical jobs
- Take few prints of the generated e-application form
This along with the DD must be sent to the given address within 5 days of registering online (before June 20th)
Applicants would be informed of the written test individually by post or email, says the bank.
The detailed steps involved in Tamilnad mercantile bank clerk recruitment can be seen from their website here