The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd.(OICL) is inviting applications for recruitment of Administrative officers.With head office in New Delhi & over 900 branches India, OICL is fully owned by Govt. of India.The company formed in the year 1947 is currently managed by a board comprising of persons from varied fields as directors.
The oriental insurance company has a workforce of 15000+ employees.
Administrative Officer (scale-1) – 477 posts
The AO`s shall be paid in the payscale of Rs.17240 – Rs.32460/ month
Online registration closes on – 13.02.2012
Date of written exam – April 8, 2012
To apply for administrative officer posts in oriental insurance,
* Age to be within 21 – 30 yrs as on 1.1.2012 (max age for OBC: 33 yrs,
SC/ST: 35 yrs, PWD: 40 yrs)
* Groups are divided based on education & you can send application for any 1 group only
|Group name (branch)|| |
Educational requirements, as on Jan 1, 2012
|Group A (Actuaries)||60% in UG & Pass in test held by actuarial society |
OR 55% in PG (Maths /Stats/ Actuarial science)
|Group B (Marketing)||55% marks in MBA (Marketing/ Sales)|
|Group C (HR)||MBA (HR) with 55% marks|
|Group D (IT)||60% in B.E/B.Tech (computer sci.) OR 55% in MCA/ MIT/ MCM|
|Group E (Accounts)||60% marks in ACA/ ACS/ ACWA/ B.Com OR 55% in in MCom|
|Group F (Law)||B.L with 60% or 55% marks in LLM (3 yrs exp.)|
|Group G (Engineers)||60% in BE/BTech (Elec/Mech./Chemical/Civil) or 55% in ME (same as above))|
|Group H (Librarian)||60% in degree (Lib.science/ ISD) or PG (same) with 55%|
|Group I (Generalist)||Any UG degree with 60% or 55% in master degree|
– marks specified are to be aggregate
* SC/ ST applicants – 55% in UG or 50% in PG (across all groups)
* Must have working knowledge of computers
Written exam will be conducted in the following sections -
- Objective test has Reasoning, English, Numerical ability & GK (group group I only.GK will be replaced by professional knowledge for others)
- Descriptive paper comprises of english comprehension & essays (similar to descriptive test of bank exams)
Depending on the test performance, you would get be called for Interview.The marks in both these stages will be considered for final appointment.
Books are available on the Internet via Cash or Debit card payments,
Insurance company AO Exam Guide – Rs.235 – Buy Online
Confirmation: All selected candidates will be under probation for 1 year.A service bond agreeing to be with the company for 4 years has to be signed. Quitting the office before the end of bond period will lead to paying the already agreed amount.
Candidates have to pay Rs.500 via cash/ DD/ cheque at any office of the Oriental insurance located in your city.(No fee for SC/ST/PWD).For those making payment in cash, challans are available at OICL website.
- A receipt containing the transaction details would be given as payment confirmation – the details of which have to be mentioned in the application form.
- Once you gather the required info, proceed to the online application link at oiclao2012.com & submit the registration form before Feb 13, 2012
- Do not forget to take a print of the generated form for reference.
More Info: Individuals interested in applying for Oriental insurance AO 2012 recruitment can download the notification from the website here