Its hiring season again as Maharashtra Bank has issued announcement for recruitment of Probationary officer.Formed in the year 1936, it is one of the oldest public sector undertakings that has undergone tremendous growth.The current callfor vacancies can be utilized only by those who have appeared for the common written exam.
Maharashtra bank with head office in Pune has over 1500 branches across the nation.
Position – Vacancies:
Probationary Officer (scale I) – 457 posts
Dates: Online registrations – 25.02.2012 to 16.03.2012
Interview dates shall be informed later.
Let us see the eligibility conditions set by bank of maharashtra for these posts,
- Agelimit: min.20 yrs & max. 30 yrs as on July 1, 2011
- Should posses any graduate degree (those with diploma in banking & finance shall be preferred)
- candidates waiting for final degree can apply with provisional certificate
- Must hold a valid scorecard issued by IBPS with the following section wise scores
- SC/ST/OBC/PWD – 21 or above & for other categories – 24 or above
- Certificate in computer operations (office automation) from a reputed institute is required.
- not necessary for those who had studied computers in UG/PG level
The bank would shortlist candidates as per their IBPS CWE total weighted scores (see how IBPS scores are calculated) & may call for Interview in the ratio of 1:3.
Since the cutoff for selection is not revealed, the bank shall fix it based on the applications received.This means - only those who are above a certain cutoff shall proceed further.
Interviews will be conducted for 50 marks & attendees should secure atleast 50% (45% for reserved cat.) to qualify for final selection.
The application fee has been fixed as Rs.200 (Gen,OBC) & Rs.50 (for others) can be paid in cash at any branch of bank of maharashtra on or before March 9. An option to pay fees through NEFT enabled banks is also available.
- Applications have to be submitted through online mode.Accordingly, click on the online application link at bankofmaharashtra.in & enter the required information.
- Remember to save a print of the application & original payment challan for future reference.
The complete notification of bank of Maharashtra`s PO recruitment 2012 can also be downloaded from the bank website here.