National Insurance Company (NIC) has declared its plans with the recruitment of Administrative officers.Being one of the leading organizations in Indian insurance sector, NIC was formed in the year 1906 with its head office in Kolkata,
National insurance company currently has around 16000 employees & is spread across the nation with over 1300 offices.
Post & Vacancies:
Administrative Officer (Scale I) – 300 posts (Generalists: 200 & Specialists: 100)
Online application registrations – 20.02.2012 to 17.03.2012
Written test on 22.04.2012
conditions to apply for administrative officer are classified as per your level of study, as on 1.01.2012
- Candidates must apply for any one group only, based on their qualifications
- Group G (generalist): should be a graduate (any discipline)
- Group A1 (engineering): BE/ Btech degree in automobile engineering or Mech.(with PG diploma in auto.engg)
- Group A2 : BE/ Btech in Mechanical/ Civil/ Electrical/ Chemical engg.
- Group B1 (health): To have completed MBBS
- Group B2: those with BAMS degree are eligible
- Group B3: must have passed BHMS degree
- Group C(finance): posses CA/ M.Com /B.Com with MBA (finance)
- Group D (actuarial): Graduation in Stats/ Maths/ Actuarial science
- Group E (legal): should be a graduate in law
* Necessary to have secured atleast 55% in the above degrees (50% for SC/ST)
* Age to within 21 – 30 yrs of age, as on 1.1.2012 (+3yrs for OBC, +5yrs for SC/ST)
The selection procedure for AO recruitment will have objective tests in 1) Reasoning
2) Quantitative aptitude 3) Computer & general awareness.In addition, there shall also be a english descriptive test.
Based on the performance in test, candidates will be called for Interview for final appointment.
Books are available on the internet, which can be purchased via Cash or Netbanking..
Administrative officer exam guide – Rs.185 – Buy Online
The fees of Rs.425 (male applicants) OR Rs.225 (females) OR Rs.75 (all SC/ST) has to be paid into the specified account at any branch of Indian bank on or before March 17th.
You will have to visit Indian bank, fill in a normal challan & remit the fees, as there are no special payment vouchers available on NIC website.
On collecting payment receipt, visit nationalinsuranceindia.com & click on the ‘recruitment’ link to submit your online applications.
The original notification of National insurance officers recruitment 2012 can be had from their website here