Institute of Banking personnel Selection seems to be in a workaholic mode for the past few weeks.With back to back important news & releases, the latest is about the 2nd common written examination for PO/ MT posts.The results for the first edition were notified in the month of December 2011, based on which banks are recruiting for Probationary officer posts.
IBPS had been entrusted with the task of conducting, evaluating & publishing results for an all India common test to facilitate filling of bank jobs.Candidates clearing the test would be issued scorecards using which they can apply for PO/ MT vacancies in 19 public sector banks
Following this, the banks shall shortlist, fix a cutoff & call them for Interview that leads to appointment.
Online registrations shall be from March 9 – 30, 2012
Fee payment (online): 09-03-2012 — 30-03-2012
Offline fee payment shall be from March 12 – April 7, 2012
Written exam on June 17, 2012
You must satisfy the following conditions, as on 1.01.2012
- Agelimit: 20 - 30 yrs (+3 yrs for OBC,+5 yrs for SC/ST)
- Should posses a degree (any discipline, no specific percent) from a recognized university
The IBPS common bank exam pattern contains both Objective & Descriptive papers for a total of 250 marks.For every wrong answer in objective test, negative mark of 0.25 would be reduced.
The descriptive paper will be evaluated only if you qualify in each objective test section.
Books to prepare for the IBPS common PO exam can be bought online & paid in
cash on delivery/ ATM or debit cards/ Netbanking etc.,Some are
* Common Written Exam Guide (PO) – Rs.436 – Buy Online
* Bank PO previous yrs solved papers – Rs.259 – Buy Online
The scorecards (valid for 1 year) shall be sent to candidates who secure a minimum qualifying score in each paper.Using this, you can apply to banks that advertise their vacancies for Probationary officers or Management trainees post.
Note that each bank will specify their own eligibility (that includes age,degree & test score) while calling for applications.
Those looking to improve previous scores can also apply & brighten their chances of getting selected by garnering better scores.[read, Old scorecards wont be seized]
The application fees are fixed at Rs.50 (SC/ST) or Rs.450 (others) with the option of paying it through,
- Online: (from Mar 9 – 30): Visit ibps.in & click on the online application to fill the necessary details.After submitting the form, you would be directed to the online fee payment gateway.
- Pay the appropriate fee amount using netbanking/credit or debit cards
- After the transaction is complete, print the generated e-receipt
- If application submission is successful, a registration number & password would be shown that has to be noted.
- Offline: (from Mar 12 – Apr 7): Logon to ibps.in & visit IBPS common exam webpage to fill the online application.Enter the asked details & submit.
- On submitting the application, note the generated Reg.no & password (also will be sent to your Email/ SMS)
- Take a print of the challan that shall be generated after the above step.
- After 2 days, deposit the fees at any branch of BOB, BOI, PNB, IOB, United bank of India or Central Bank of India using the printed challan
- As a confirmation of paying fees, you will receive Email/SMS after 2 days.
- The facility to print the filled-in application form would be enabled after 3 days of fee payment.
Read it here
The complete advertisement of IBPS Common PO Exam 2012 can be downed from their website here