State Bank of India (SBI) has released its plans for clerk recruitment (assistants & stenos).Having over 10000 branches & 5000 branches of its associate bank spread across India, SBI is the oldest & largest public sector bank.It also has strong foreing presence with nearly 82 offices in 32 countries.
Sometimes good news wont seem to stop.On a day when many were rejoicing about the IBPS clerk results, it was SBI`s turn to pep up things with recruitment of 8500 Clerks, which includes the 3100 posts that were advertised as part for OBC/North east in the month of Dec 2011.
Post & Vacancies
|Clerk (Assistant)||8500 posts|
|(Stenographer)||900 posts (English) & 100 posts (Hindi)|
* The payscale for clerical cadre employees is Rs.7200/-/Rs.19300 & the approx. salary for graduate clerks could be approx. Rs.14,177 /month. Stenographers shall be paid Rs.800 /month as special pay along with the above.
Events: Online application process – 05.03.2012 to 26.03.2012
Fees to be paid only between 7.03.2012 to 31.03.2012
Written test to be held on 27.05.2012 & 03.06.2012
Who are Eligible
The conditions to apply for this clerk recruitment in SBI are,
- Age to be : 18 - 28 years, as on 1.12.2011 [+3 yrs for OBC, +5 yrs for SC/ST]
- Must have secured 60% aggregate marks in std.XII OR diploma (after 10th) OR Pass in any degree, as on Dec 1, 2011
- Apart from knowledge of local language, you must be able to write & speak english fluently.
- Will have to involve in marketing & cross sell products & services (see SBI clerks to perform marketing)
Procedure of selection
State Bank of India will finalize the appointments based on your written test & interview performances.About the written test, it shall be objective type in the following sections.
- Quantitative aptitude
- General awareness
- Marketing aptitude & Computers
Those applying for Clerk (stenographer) must appear for a skill test in stenography wherein a dictation has to be transcribed onto the computer in 40 mins (eng) or 55 mins (hindi).It is necessary to score atleast 50% marks in this skill test for qualifying.
Candidates have to pass in each objective test that also carries 0.25 as negative mark.Based on the ratio of 1:3, candidates would be shortlisted for personal interview stage.
Books: SBI clerk exam guide (with solved papers & mock tests) – Rs.208 – Buy online & pay in cash on delivery/ net banking, ATM/ debit cards or credit cards)
Read the advertisement carefully for detailed information on how to deposit fees, as this steps is very important.
- Visit sbi.co.in, fill the online application, print the generated form.Note your registration no. & password., that will also be sent via Email & SMS.
- After 2 days of registration, application fee of Rs.50(SC/ST) & Rs.350 (Gen/OBC) can be paid either Online or Offline by directly visiting any branch of State bank.
- On successful fee payment, you will receive a SMS/Email confirming the registration process after 2 days.
Those who have already applied for the previous sbi clerk recruitment of 3100 posts are not required to send applications or pay fees again.
Candidates interested to apply for this SBI clerk recruitment 2012 must download the original notification from the bank website here & read it.