State Bank of India (SBI) has released its plans for clerk recruitment (assistants & stenos).Having over 10000 branches & 5000 branches of its associate bank spread across India, SBI is the oldest & largest public sector bank.It also has strong foreign presence with nearly 82 offices in 32 countries.
Sometimes good news wont seem to stop.For the first time, a detailed calendar about IBPS upcoming bank exams was released by the institute.
And now it is the turn of SBI to pep up things with recruitment of 5000 Clerks.It is sure a jackpot for bank job aspirants with back to back announcements.
Post & Vacancies
|Clerk (Assistant)||5092 posts (across various states)|
* The payscale for clerical cadre employees is Rs.7200/-/Rs.19300 & the approx. salary for clerical cadre at metro like Mumbai could be approx. Rs.17500 /month
Online examinations shall be conducted in the month of July/ August
Who are EligibleThe conditions to apply for this SBI clerk recruitment 2014 are,
- Age to be : 20 - 28 years, as on May 1, 2014 [+3 yrs for OBC, +5 yrs for SC/ST]
- Pass in any degree, as on Aug 31, 2014
- You must be able to write & speak English. Local language knowledge is desirable.
- Will have to indulge in marketing, cross sell products & services.
Procedure of SelectionState Bank of India will finalize the appointments based on your written test & interview performances.About the written test, it shall be objective type in the following sections.
This online test shall be held for 200 marks with each section allotted 40 marks. Candidates have to pass in each objective test that also carries 0.25 as negative mark.
English, Quantitative aptitude, General awareness, Reasoning, Marketing aptitude & Computers
Based on the ratio of 1:3, candidates would be shortlisted for personal interview stage.
|With the notification & exam syllabus already out, get ready to start preparing with these popular SBI clerk exam books. |
* SBI Clerical Solved Papers (with 9 previous solved papers) – Rs.225 – Buy Now
* SBI Clerk Exam Guide – Rs.235 – Buy online
Application:The registration/application fee has been pegged at Rs.450 (Gen/OBC) & Rs.100 (others) that can be paid in two methods – Online or Offline.
Paying fees through internet is quite easy.After submitting the online application, you will be automatically redirected to payment gateway page wherein you can pay via Debit/Credit cards/ Net banking.
Incase you wish to remit the fees offline, follow these steps
- Visit sbi.co.in, fill the online application, print the generated form.Note your registration no. & password., that will also be sent via Email & SMS.
- From the 2nd day of registration & within working 3 days you can visit any branch of State bank with the system generated challan & deposit the amount.