Bank of Maharashtra (BOM), one of the oldest public sector banks in India has started its clerk recruitment.This is in relation to the scorecards issued to candidates who had taken the IBPS common written exam for clerical cadre jobs in banks.
The Bank of Maharashtra started in 1935, currently has a network of over 1500 branches across the country.
Clerk – 543 posts (Maharashtra – 274 vacancies)
Online application process – 17.04.2012 to 10.05.2012
Interviews may be expected in the month of June 2012
Who are eligible:
- Pass class in degree OR 60% marks in matric/ SSLC OR 50% marks in HSC/ XII as of Aug 1, 2011.
- Agelimit to be min. 18 & max. 28 yrs, as on 1.08.2011 (relaxation applies)
- Should apply only to the state where you appeared for the clerk CWE
- Must be able to read/ write/ speak official language of the state applied.
- Certificate in computer awareness course from a training institute (100 hrs) is required (not needed for those who had computer subject in UG/PG degree)
* pls refer notice for Minimum TWS score of each state, category
Candidates would be shortlisted based on their TWS scores in the ratio of 1:3.Hence based on the no. of vacancies, applicants ranking at the top can expect chance.
Interviews for 50 marks shall be held at various centres across India & it is necessary to secure 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC) to qualify for final selection.A merit list is prepared by calculating your CWE, interview marks & appointments are made as per the posts.
At the time of joining, appointees must execute a service bond agreeing to serve the bank for 1 year, failing which Rs.50,000 must be paid to the bank before quitting.
The probationary period for clerks in Bank of Maharashtra is 6 months & the payscale would be Rs.7200 - 19300
There isnt anything new in the the registration process & is the same like in other bank recruitments.
- Application fee is fixed at Rs.50 (SC/ST) & Rs.150 (OBC/General) which can be paid at any branch of Bank of Maharashtra OR any other bank`s branch using the NEFT facility before May 10
- Collect the payment challan/ receipt, visit bankofmaharashtra.in, click on the online application link & submit the form after filling the required details.
- Take a print of the system generated form & save it for future reference.
>> Those interested to apply are requested to read the Bank of Maharashtra clerk recruitment notification given at the bank website here, before applying