Bank of India has published a notification for recruitment of officers in North east states.BOI, one of India`s largest public sector bank was nationalised in the year 1969.The bank is spread across the country with over 3100 branches & 48 zonal offices, apart from 29 foreign branches.
This special recruitment project 2012-13 from Bank of India is only for vacancies in North East states - Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram, Sikkim & Tripura.
Candidates from other states can also apply but initial posting would be at the above said places only.
Position & Vacancies:
General Banking Officer (scale I) – 47 posts (Gen –21, OBC – 9, SC – 14, ST – 3)
Online application registration from May 25 to June 7, 2012
Interviews could be held during July/Aug 2012
If you are looking to apply, it is necessary to posses the following conditions,
- Should be 21 – 30 yrs of age, as on 1.07.2011
- Must have completed graduation from a recog. university
- To have secured,
- Section-wise score of 24 (gen) or 21 (SC/ST/OBC/PWD)
From the applications received, Bank of India would shortlist only those candidates in the ratio of 1:3 & those who and rank sufficiently high in the order of merit.
While the total marks for Interview shall be 100 marks, minimum qualifying is 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC)
Banks had agreed to lower the application fees in a recent meeting.Accordingly Bank of India seems to have implemented as the fee is fixed at Rs.100 (Gen/OBC) & Rs.20(SC/ST)
- After making the payment with the appropriate challan at any Bank of India branches before June 7, head over to www.bankofindia.com
- Fill in the online application by logging with your IBPS exam details
- Submit the form & remember to take a print of the generated application that has to be produced at the time of Interview
Eligible candidates are requested to read the Bank of India`s recruitment notice carefully from the bank website here (.docx file) before applying.