Following on the heels of PO results, the IBPS clerk exam 2012 announcement has been released.It is one of the most expected notice & with this Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is to conduct the 2nd common written examination (CWE) for clerk jobs in govt. owned banks.As thought earlier, many new additions have been made to this 2012 edition.
Qualifying in IBPS clerical exam is necessary to apply for clerk vacancies in 20 public sector banks.
The number which remained at 19 has new entrant from this year onwards - IDBI bank has joined the list.So you can find employment in any of the twenty banking companies.
Remember to read through the sections of
Application registrations from October 15 to November 5, 2012
Written test (online): Dec/ Jan 2013
As mentioned above, sweeping changes have been incorporated by IBPS for this 2012 clerical cadre exam.They are
In addition to these, read on to know more about the regular details
It is compulsory for registrants to satisfy the criteria as it shall remain the same in all banks.
- Age to be min 20 years & max. 28 yrs, as on Oct 1.2012 (+5 yrs for sc/st & + 3 for obc)
- Pass in degree (any discipline) from a recognized university, as on 1.10.2012
- Ability to read/write/speak in local language of the state applying is necessary.
- Computer knowledge is compulsory (certificate from computer institute or must have studied computers in highschool/college)
Still have doubts? Checkout the article on eligibility questions for answers.
An online written test (objective type) shall be held in the month of December at numerous centres across India. For 200 marks, the exam will comprise of 200 questions & 0.25 would be reduced as negative mark for each wrong answer.
The test papers are Reasoning, English, Numerical ability, General awareness & Computer knowledge.For more details, read IBPS clerk exam pattern & topics to prepare
Since the examination is round the corner, its better you start to preparing with books for IBPS clerk exam books.Here are some of our recommendations
* Clerk common exam guide – Rs.240 - Buy online
* IBPS clerical CWE practice book (20 papers) – Rs.189 – Buy online
What after exams?
All those passing in CWE shall appear for common interviews & once IBPS release their results, statewise/categorywise vacancy lists of banks will be put up for which candidates can give their order of preference.
Depending on the final scores, no. of available post & choice submitted, banks will intimate applicants about their selection.(read getting bank jobs go tough with common interviews)
How to Register:
Fees of Rs.50 (SC/ST) or Rs.400 (others) can be paid via two methods
- Online (from Oct 15 to Nov 5) OR
- Take a print of the challan (generated by system after registration) & visit any branch of Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Central bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Punjab National Bank, United Bank of India & deposit the amount into the given account.
After 2 days of offline fee payment, registration confirmation will be sent through Email/SMS.In all cases, registrants can take a print of their application forms after 3 days of paying fees.
Those interested to apply for clerk jobs in banks have to appear for this 2012 IBPS clerk exam.Do remember to read through the notification from their website here (pdf file)