If you are aspiring for government jobs in India, SSC CGL 2013 exams would be your best bet apart from bank jobs.Staff Selection Commission conducts examinations & selects candidates for vacancies in central govt. departments including ministries.Qualifying in these tests shall open up more opportunities for young graduates.
Similar to IBPS CWE for bank jobs, SSC CGL exam 2013 notification also does not mention about the no. of vacancies at this stage.But 10000+ posts could be on offer as there were 12500 openings in 2011 & 8000 in 2010.
So there are huge expectations surrounding SSC exams especially after the release of 19000 vacancies for CGL 2012 qualifiers
Too long for reading?
Dates to note:
Online Applications to be submitted before February 15, 2013
Written Exams (Tier I – April 14, 21) & (Tier II – July 20, 21)
The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam is being held by SSC for group B & C cadre posts.The year 2013 shall see govt. departments below create vacancies:
Gr. B: Assistants (in Ministry of Railway, External affairs, Intelligence bureau, Central Vigilance Commission, Central Secretariat Service,Dept of revenue,Enforcement directorate)
- Inspector (Income tax, Excise dept. & Central bureau of narcotics)
- Sub inspectors at CBI, Divisional accountant at offices under CAG
- Statistical investigator.
Gr. C posts comprise of Auditor, Accountant, Upper division clerk, Tax assistant, Compiler etc., with payscale of Rs.5200 – 20200
The criteria set for appearing in CGL exam are minimal and easily understandable such as:
Statistical investigator: * Age should not exceed 26 years
* Degree in statistics/ maths/ economics/commerce with statistics or related branch as a paper)
All other positions require graduation from a recognized university (pass in degree) as on January 1, 2013 and Aged between 18 – 27 years
Relaxation in max age for OBC – 3 yrs, SC/ST – 5yrs, PH – 10 years (refer notice for detailed limits)
Since the combined graduate level examinations are competitive, multi-tier testing is implemented.
Tier I exam is common for all positions which comprises of four papers,
General reasoning, General awareness, Quantitative aptitude & English comprehension
While the duration of test is 2 hours each section carries maximum 50 marks totaling 200.
Tier II scheduled in June will have 3 papers – Quantitative abilities, English language & Statistics, each carrying 200 marks.
Based on the results, candidates would be shortlisted for Interview/ Skill test / Computer proficiency etc according to their post.
To assist you in preparations, we are listing some of the popular books/guides for ssc cgl 2013 exams that are in stock at flipkart.com
* SSC CGL Study Guide – Rs.260 – Purchase online
* Solved & practice papers – Rs.234 – Buy online
* Arithmetic ability solved & practice sets (paper II) – Rs.355 – Order online
* English language (paper II) – Rs.254 – Buy online
* Statistics (paper III) guide – Rs.210 – Buy online
Steps to pay fee & Register:
The application fees is Rs.100 (all women & sc/st/ph/ExSm applicants are exempt) which can be paid through
- Central Recruitment Fee Stamps: If you are submitting the application offline by visiting SSC offices directly, CRFS stamps should be pasted in the appl. Form.
- State Bank of India: Those opting for online application submission must deposit the fee amount at any SBI branch.The challan shall also be generated online after completing Part I of the registration process.
The facility to apply online for SSC combine graduate level exam 2013 is available at ssconline2.gov.in & ssconline.gov.in
On successful payment, login again using the reg.no & password to continue with registration (part 2)
Read more: Candidates interested to apply for SSC CGL 2013 exam should read the commission`s advertisement carefully from their website here before proceeding further.