Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) is providing an opportunity through Management Trainees recruitment project 2013.Formed in 1973, SAIL is owned by the Govt. of India & is one the leading steel-making companies in India.With 37 branch offices spread across 4 regions it have over 1,30,000 employees.
This SAIL recruitment for MT jobs is not dependent on any common selection process.Hence even those who haven't appeared for IBPS bank exams or SSC exams are eligible to take part.
Vacancies – Salary:
Management Trainee (Technical) – 558 posts
MT (Admin) – 82 posts
While pay scale is Rs.26,600 – 46500, cost to company would be approx. Rs.7 lakhs /year
Note these dates:
Register online applications from March 12 to April 3, 2013
Downloading of admit cards for written test starts on May 13
Exact date of exam will be announced later
Conditions for Eligibility
Inorder to apply for SAIL management trainees recruitment 2013, one must posses the following qualifications
- Must have completed full time degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgy, Electronics, Instrumentation,Ceramics, Civil, Computer Science (IT), Mining, Chemical) with 65% marks avg. (55% for sc/st/pwd)
- MCA degree with 65% marks are also eligible.
- 60% marks (50% for sc/st/pwd) in UG & MBA/ PG diploma in management. (refer advt. for details on specialization)
- CA/ICWA required for MT finance post.
* Final year students expecting results by July 2013 can also apply.Must provide final degree cert. during interview
* Not above 30 yrs of age as on Mar 1, 2013 (+5 for sc/st & +3 for obc)
The selection procedure involves objective type written test in the below pattern.It shall be conducted at various centres across India probably in the months of May/June.
|Quantitative Aptitude|| |
|Verbal Ability|| |
|General Awareness|| |
|Domain Knowledge Test (based on degree specialisation)|| |
It is necessary for an applicant to secure minimum 50% in each section of the test.From the qualifiers, candidates will be shortlisted for GD/ personal interviews discipline wise & category-wise in the ratio of 1:4
For all those who might be looking to prepare for SAIL MT recruitment exam, here are some books that shall get you started.
* SAIL MT Exam Guide (Mechanical engineering) – Rs.402 – Buy online
* Book for SAIL MT (Instrumentation engg) – Rs.540 – Buy online
* SAIL MT book (Electronics & Communication engg.) - Rs.402 – Buy online
* For Electrical engg. – Rs.373 – Buy online
* For Finance post applicants – Rs.396 – Buy online
How to Apply:
Rs.500 or Rs.100 (SC/ST) should be paid as application fee through online means (netbanking/ debit/ credit cards) or by paying at any SBI branch using the pay-in slip generated online.
Collect the transaction details & fill in the registration form again for final submission.For online payments, completed application form & e-receipt will be automatically generated for applicants to print.
A candidate can apply for both MT (tech & admin) post by registering with separate application, fees & email id.
Those interested to apply for Management Trainee jobs as part of SAIL recruitment 2013 should download & read their notification from website here (.pdf)