Have you started to prepare for SBI PO 2017 recruitment exam? The first thing that all candidates must understand is the selection process & cutoff marks that one need to score.It is based on these cutoff marks only, the bank shortlists individuals for final selection.So make sure you have a plan in place while studying & for that, the previous year SBI PO main exam cutoffs compiled here would be useful.
Few days back, we had explained about SBI PO prelims cutoffs which is the 1st phase of SBI PO recruitment selection process.All those who qualify in this preliminary exam get shortlisted for the main examination.
Now let’s look at SBI`s previous PO recruitment exams to gather info on the marks required to pass in the main exams.
SBI PO Previous Cutoffs - Main Exam
The SBI PO mains is also an online test but conducted after 10-15 days of prelims results.It is divided into
- Objective Test for 200 marks
- Descriptive Test for 50 marks
Both papers would be held one after other on the same day itself.And marks of both tests will be taken up while calculating your final scores.
State Bank of India conducts recruitment for PO vacancies every year & here is the compilation of previous year cutoffs of main exam held in 2014, 2015 & 2016.
From the above image, here are some important points to note
- There are cutoffs for each section & on the total marks of objective test
- Descriptive test cutoff were 20 out of 50 marks (17.5 for OBC, SC, ST)
Main Exam Total Cutoffs: Inorder to become eligible for Group discussion & personal interview, you need to score certain minimum marks in the total of main exam.
These were the cutoff marks of the last candidate who got shortlisted for GD & interview in 2015 & 2016
Total Marks of Mains (Objective + Descriptive)
Group Discussion & Interview: This is the phase III of SBI PO recruitment & there are cutoffs in this stage as well, which you must score out of total 50 marks.
Final Cutoffs: After completing all these stages, the final cutoffs are arrived in the following manner:
- Marks secured in main exam (250 marks) are converted to 75
- GD & Interview marks (out of 50) are converted to 25
The final merit list for each category is then prepared for a total of 100 marks, based on which final appointment of candidates are completed.
SBI PO 2017: Changes to Note
After looking at the previous SBI PO cutoffs, don't expect the same this year because the bank had introduced changes in the exam pattern from 2016.
Some highlights of the modified examination structure are:
- Sectional time limit is imposed, within which you need to answer that specific section.
- The total marks for each paper is also increased.
- General Awareness section shall include questions from economy & banking awareness.
Hence you can expect the SBI PO 2017 cutoffs to vary slightly due to these new alterations.
SBI PO Exam Books & Courses: Which are the cheap & best SBI PO books/ online courses? Your question is answered by way of this list:
* SBI PO Prelims Exam Guide – Click here to buy online for Rs.199 (with previous year solved papers)
* SBI PO Prelims Practice Workbook – Click here to buy online for Rs.119 (20 papers)
* SBI PO Online Video Course [Learn from home] – Click here to buy for Rs.2499 [50% offer price upto March 5 only]