Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is in a workaholic mode for the past few weeks.With back to back important news & releases, the latest is about the 4th IBPS common written examination for PO/ MT posts in public sector banks.The allotments for the second edition were notified few months ago, based on which banks are now recruiting for Probationary officer posts.
IBPS had been entrusted with the task of conducting, evaluating & publishing results for an all India common test to facilitate filling of bank jobs.
Candidates clearing the test would be called for common interviews following which they have to register their order of preference among the participating 22 public sector banks or any other financial institution.
Dates to Note:
Online registrations shall start from July 22 to August 11, 2014
PO /MT Written exam in the month of October 2014
Common Interviews scheduled in January 2015
Final allotments to be completed by April 2015
Am I Eligible to Register?
If you wish to apply for IBPS bank PO exams 2014 here are the latest conditions:
- Agelimit: 20 – 30 yrs (+3 yrs for OBC,+5 yrs for SC/ST) as on July 1, 2014
- Should posses a degree from a recognized university as on Aug 11, 2014 (no specific percentages needed)
- Proficiency in computer operations is desirable but not compulsory to hold certificate.
Bank job aspirants would feel relaxed since the criteria mentioned earlier have been withdrawn.But this is expected to create more competition & higher cutoffs.
The IBPS CWE 2014 for PO jobs will be conducted online in the month of October.
- It shall contains objective type questions for a total of 200 marks across 5 sections – Reasoning, English language, Quantitative aptitude, General awareness & Computer knowledge.
- It is required for candidates to secure minimum qualifying mark in each section & overall. These cutoff scores are to be decided by IBPS depending on the performance of all applicants.
- For every wrong answer, negative mark of 0.25 would also be reduced.
Books to prepare for IBPS Bank PO exams are now available online.Here are some top rated guides from renowned publishers that you can purchase & pay in cash on delivery.
* IBPS PO/ MT Common Exam Guide – Rs.310 – Buy online
* Bank PO previous year solved papers – Rs.260 – Buy online
Exam qualifiers proceed to common interviews following which combined scores are released for allotment preference submissions.
The application fees are fixed at Rs.100 (SC/ST) or Rs.600 (others) with the option of paying it through,
Online: (from Jul 22 – Aug 11): Visit ibps.in & click on the online application to fill the necessary details.After submitting the form, you would be directed to the online fee payment gateway.
- Pay the appropriate fee amount using netbanking/credit or debit cards
- After the transaction is complete, print the generated e-receipt
- If application submission is successful, a registration number & password would be shown that has to be noted.
Offline: (from Jul 24 – Aug 14): Logon to ibps.in & visit IBPS common exam webpage to fill the online application.Enter the asked details & submit.
- On submitting the application, note the generated Reg.no & password (also will be sent to your Email/ SMS)
- Take a print of the challan that shall be generated after the above step.
- From the 2nd day after registration deposit the fees at any branch of BOB, BOI, Bank of Maharashtra, PNB, IOB, United bank of India or Central Bank of India using the printed challan
- As a confirmation of paying fees, you will receive Email/SMS after 2 days.
The facility to print the filled-in application form would be enabled after 3 days of fee payment.
Read it here
The complete advertisement of IBPS common exam 2014 for bank jobs in India can be downloaded from their website here (.pdf)