Following on the heels of PO results, the IBPS Clerk Common Exam 2013 announcement has been released.It is one of the most expected notice & with this Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is to conduct the 3rd common written examination (CWE) for clerk jobs in govt. owned banks.As in earlier years, new additions have been sustained for 2013 edition also.
Qualifying in IBPS clerical exam is necessary to apply for clerk vacancies in 19 public sector banks.
Though the names of participating banks are listed, the institute has also mentioned ‘any other financial institution’ alongside.So you can apply for recruitments in any organisation that require IBPS clerk CWE 2013 qualifiers.
Remember to read through the sections of
Application registrations from August 19 to September 7, 2013
Written test (online): in the month of December
Allotments to be completed by April 2014
Before you proceed to read about the eligibility conditions, here are some new rules introduced during last recruitment.They have been retained without any changes.
In addition to these, read on to know more about the regular details
It is compulsory for registrants to satisfy the criteria as it shall remain the same in all banks.
- Age to be min 20 years & max. 28 yrs, as on Aug 1.2013 (+5 yrs for sc/st & + 3 for obc)
- Pass in degree (any discipline) from a recognized university, on or before 1.08.2013
- Ability to read/write/speak in local language of the state applying is necessary.
- Computer knowledge is compulsory (certificate from computer institute or must have studied computers in highschool/college)
Still have doubts? Checkout the article on eligibility questions for answers.
An online written test (objective type) shall be held in the month of December at numerous centres across India. For 200 marks, the exam will comprise of 200 questions & 0.25 would be reduced as negative mark for each wrong answer.
The test papers are Reasoning, English, Numerical ability, General awareness & Computer knowledge.For more details, read IBPS clerk exam pattern & topics to prepare
Since the examination is round the corner, its better you start to preparing with books for IBPS clerk exam books.Here are some of our recommendations
* Clerk common exam guide – Rs.281 - Buy online
* Bank clerical exam solved papers – Rs.290 – Buy online
What after exams?
All those passing in clerical CWE shall appear for common interviews & once IBPS release their results, statewise/categorywise vacancy lists of banks will be put up for which candidates can give their order of preference.
Depending on the final scores, no. of available post & choice submitted, banks will intimate applicants about their selection.(read getting bank jobs go tough with common interviews)
How to Register:
Fees of Rs.100 (SC/ST) or Rs.600 (others) can be paid via two methods
- Online (from Aug 19 to Sep 7) OR
- Take a print of the challan (generated by system after registration) & visit any branch of Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Central bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Punjab National Bank, United Bank of India & deposit the amount into the given account before Sep 12th
After 2 days of offline fee payment, registration confirmation will be sent through Email/SMS.
In all cases, registrants can take a print of their application forms after 3 days of paying fees.
Those interested to apply for clerk jobs in banks have to appear for this 2013 IBPS clerk exam.Do remember to read through the notification from their website here (pdf file)