If you are aspiring for government jobs in India, the SSC CGL Exam 2015 notification is one thing that you need to know.It shall be your best bet apart from bank jobs.Staff Selection Commission conducts examinations & selects candidates for vacancies in central govt. departments including ministries.Qualifying in these tests shall open up more opportunities for young graduates in government sector.
Similar to IBPS CWE for bank jobs, SSC Combined Graduate Level exam 2015 notification also does not mention about the no. of vacancies at this stage.
But 10,000+ posts could be on offer as there were 19000 vacancies in 2012, 12500 in 2011 & 8000 in 2010.
Too long for reading?
Dates to Note:
Online Applications to be submitted before May 28, 2015
Written Exams (Tier I – August 9 & 16) & (Tier II – shall be announced later)
The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam is being held by SSC for group B & C cadre posts.The year 2015 shall see the below mentioned govt. departments create vacancies:
Assistants - Group B (in Ministry of Railway, External affairs, Intelligence bureau, Central Vigilance Commission, Central Secretariat Service, Dept of Revenue, Enforcement directorate)
- Inspector (Income tax, Excise dept. & Central bureau of narcotics)
- Sub inspectors at CBI, Divisional accountant at offices under CAG
- Statistical investigator.
Gr. C posts comprise of Auditor, Accountant, Upper division clerk, Tax assistant, Compiler etc., with payscale of Rs.5200 – 20200
The criteria set for appearing in CGL exam are minimal and easily understandable such as:
Statistical investigator: * Age should not exceed 32 years
* Degree in any discipline with statistics as one of the subject OR any degree with 60% maths in std. 12
For all other posts:
- Must have completed bachelors degree from a recognized university (pass in degree) as on August 1, 2015
- Aged between 18 – 27 years
Relaxation in max age for OBC – 3 yrs, SC/ST – 5yrs, PH – 10 years (refer notice for detailed limits)
Since the combined graduate level examinations are competitive, multi-tier testing is implemented.
Tier I exam is common for all positions which comprises of four papers,
General intelligence, General awareness, Quantitative aptitude & English comprehension
While the duration of test is 2 hours each section carries maximum 50 marks totaling 200.
Tier II scheduled in August will have 3 papers – Quantitative abilities, English language & Statistics, each carrying 200 marks.
Based on the results, candidates would be shortlisted for Interview/ Skill test / Computer proficiency etc according to their post.
To assist you in preparations, we are listing some of the popular books/guides for ssc cgl 2015 exams that are in stock at flipkart.com
* SSC CGL Tier I Guide (with previous solved papers) – Rs.243 – Purchase online
Steps to Pay Fee & Register:
The application fees is Rs.100 (all Women & SC/ST/PH/ExSm applicants are exempt) which can be paid through:
- Central Recruitment Fee Stamps: If you are submitting the application offline by visiting SSC offices directly, CRFS stamps should be pasted in the appl. Form.
- State Bank of India: Those opting for online application submission must deposit the fee amount at any SBI branch.The challan shall also be generated online after completing Part I of the registration process.
The facility to apply online for SSC combine graduate level exam 2015 is available at ssconline2.gov.in & ssconline.gov.in
On successful payment, login again using the reg.no & password to continue with registration (part 2)
Read more: Candidates interested to apply for SSC CGL 2015 exam should read the commission`s advertisement carefully from their website here before proceeding further.