If you are aspiring for government jobs in India, the SSC CGL Exam 2015 notification is one thing that you need to know.It shall be your best bet apart from bank jobs.Staff Selection Commission conducts examinations & selects candidates for vacancies in central govt. departments including ministries.Qualifying in these tests shall open up more opportunities for young graduates in government sector.
Similar to IBPS CWE for bank jobs, SSC Combined Graduate Level exam 2015 notification also does not mention about the no. of vacancies at this stage.
But 15,000+ posts could be on offer as there were 19000 vacancies in 2012, 12500 in 2011 & 8000 in 2010.
Too long for reading?
Latest Update: Based on a recent approval from the Govt. of India, SSC CGL 2015 notification has undergone some changes.Some of the important points are:
- Age limit is to be calculated as on Jan 1, 2015 & NOT from August 1.
- Last date to fill applications has been extended.Part I will be available upto Aug 6, 2016 & Part II registration upto August 11
- OBC certificate in the given format issued between 12.06.2012 to 09.12.2015 only will be accepted.
Since the agelimit criteria will be taken from Jan 1, 2015 – many candidates are expected to become eligible.Read the official notice from here (.pdf)
Dates to Note:
Online Applications to be submitted before June 11, 2015
Written Exams (Tier I – August 9 & 16) & (Tier II – shall be announced later)
The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam is being held by SSC for group B & C cadre posts.The year 2015 shall see the below mentioned govt. departments create vacancies:
- Assistants (in Ministry of Railway, External affairs, Intelligence bureau, Central Vigilance Commission, Central Secretariat Service, Dept of Revenue, Enforcement directorate)
- Inspector (Income tax, Excise dept. & Central bureau of narcotics)
- Sub inspectors at NIA, CBI,
- Divisional accountant at offices under CAG
- Statistical investigator.
Group C posts comprise of Auditor, Accountant, Upper division clerk, Tax assistant, Compiler etc., with payscale of Rs.5200 – 20200
The criteria set for appearing in CGL exam are minimal and easily understandable such as:
Statistical investigator: If you wish to apply for this post, there are certain qualification that are needed.They are:
- Age should not exceed 32 years
- Degree in any discipline with statistics as one of the subject OR any degree with 60% maths in std.12
Compiler: Must have completed bachelors degree in economics or statistics
For all the other positions, there is a common set of conditions which are:
- Must have completed bachelors degree from a recognized university (pass in degree) as on August 1, 2015
- Aged between 18 – 27 years
Relaxation in max age for OBC – 3 yrs, SC/ST – 5yrs, PH – 10 years (refer notice for detailed limits)
There are 30 posts for which you can apply through CGL scores.So applicants must choose their preference.Click here to know about job profiles & SSC CGL post preference methods
Since the combined graduate level examinations are competitive, multi-tier testing is implemented.
Tier I exam is common for all positions which comprises of four papers,
General intelligence, General awareness, Quantitative aptitude & English comprehension
While the duration of test is 2 hours each section carries maximum 50 marks totaling 200.
Tier II scheduled in August will have 3 papers – Quantitative abilities, English language & Statistics, each carrying 200 marks.
Based on the results, candidates would be shortlisted for Interview/ Skill test / Computer proficiency etc according to their post.
To assist you in preparations, we are listing some of the popular books/guides for ssc cgl 2015 exams that are in stock at flipkart.com
* Purchase online SSC CGL Tier I Guide (with previous solved papers) – Rs.338
Steps to Pay Fee & Register:
The application fees is Rs.100 (all Women & SC/ST/PH/ExSm applicants are exempt) which can be paid through:
- Central Recruitment Fee Stamps: If you are submitting the application offline by visiting SSC offices directly, CRFS stamps should be pasted in the appl. Form.
- State Bank of India: Those opting for online application submission must deposit the fee amount at any SBI branch.The challan shall also be generated online after completing Part I of the registration process.
The facility to apply online for SSC combine graduate level exam 2015 is available at ssconline2.gov.in & ssconline.gov.in
On successful payment, login again using the reg.no & password to continue with registration (part 2)
Read more: Candidates interested to apply for SSC CGL 2015 exam should read the commission`s advertisement carefully from their website here before proceeding further.