The SBI PO recruitment 2015 is different compared to previous years.One important change is related to the selection pattern as State Bank of India decided to conduct two tier examinations similar to SSC CGL exams.Due to this candidates SBI PO exams may look different for many candidates who have already registered.Hence, we tell you the things to note for the upcoming SBI PO prelims exam.
By now, we believe all those who had applied for the recruitment are sure of the exam pattern.For those who are not sure, here it is:
As you can see from the above image, the preliminary test will be conducted on June 20, 21, 27 & 28th at various centres across India.The online test shall have 3 papers for a total of 100 marks to be answered in 1 hour.
Documents you Must Bring:
There are certain things that you should submit at the exam hall before starting the test.Let us look at those items.
- Call letter with your recent passport size photo pasted in the space provided.
- One photo identity proof (original & one photocopy) such as passport/ Aadhaar/ PAN Card/ Driving License/ Voters ID/ Bank Passbook with duly attested Photograph/ ID card issued by college or university.
The call letter & ID proof photocopy should be handed over to the invigilator at the hall.So you won’t be allowed to take part in the test if you do not produce any 1 of the above documents.
A candidate is required to sign on the call letter in the presence of the hall incharge only.So don’t put your signature at home.
SBI has activated the online link to download call letters: Click here to get yours.Make sure to take a print of the form & complete the mentioned steps.
Answering the Test:
The ID verification stage is over & its time for you to start the exam.See below for the points to keep in mind while taking the test.
- OMR sheets will not be provided as the entire test is computer based. You need to read the questions displayed on the screen & select the correct answer from the 5 options.
- Rough sheets shall be given for performing calculation work.After the test is over, you should hand over this sheet to the invigilator.Do not carry it with you outside the hall as it may lead to your disqualification.
- All questions except those under ‘English Language’ will be available in Hindi & English.
- You are not allowed to submit the answer sheet before the entire test time is over
- Never press any keys on the keyboard as it could lock your test completely.
- If your computer system is not working or hangs during the test, inform the invigilator immediately.Do not try to rectify it yourself OR ask for help to the person sitting near you.
Negative mark of 0.25 will be reduced for each wrong answer in the objective tests.No marks shall be deducted for unanswered questions.
Results & Main Exam - When?
Once the SBI PO preliminary exam is over, you can expect its results to be announced in the 2nd week of July 2015.
Only those who have qualified in it shall be able to appear for the main examination on August 1 (see SBI PO exam calendar)
As per SBI, approximately 40,000 candidates are to be shortlisted for the main exams.The minimum cutoff scores shall be fixed accordingly.
What are you waiting for? Get your stuff ready for the SBI PO exam 2015 so you don’t forget at the last minute.
Incase you are looking for last minute practice materials for SBI PO exam, checkout the 20 mock tests package
We hope this article would have helped you understand about the test procedure.Incase you have any doubts, ask it through the form below.