Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is in a workaholic mode for the past few weeks.With back to back important news & releases, the latest is about their 5th IBPS PO Exam 2015 notification for PO/ MT posts in public sector banks.The allotments for the second edition were notified few months ago, based on which banks are now recruiting for Probationary officer posts.
IBPS had been entrusted with the task of conducting, evaluating & publishing results for an all India common test to facilitate filling of bank jobs.
Candidates clearing the test would be called for common interviews following which they have to register their order of preference among the participating 23 public sector banks or any other financial institution.
Dates to Note:
Online registrations shall start from July 10 to August 1, 2015
PO /MT preliminary exam on October 3,4,10 & 11, 2015
Main examination on October 31st
Final allotments to be completed by April 2016
Am I Eligible to Register?
If you wish to apply for IBPS bank PO exams 2015 here are the latest conditions:
- Agelimit: 20 – 30 yrs (+3 yrs for OBC,+5 yrs for SC/ST) as on July 1, 2015
- Should posses a degree from a recognized university as on Aug 1, 2015
Bank job aspirants would feel relaxed since the criteria mentioned earlier have been withdrawn.But this is expected to create more competition & higher cutoffs.
IBPS Exam New Pattern:
As mentioned earlier, the 2015 IBPS PO Exams shall follow a two stage process – Preliminary & Main Exam.Both shall be conducted only through online mode.
- Prelims test will have 100 questions that should be answered within 1 hour.
- Cutoffs would be fixed for each section & also for the total score, which you need to secure.
Candidates who qualify in the preliminary test will only be eligible for main examination.
- Main exam would have 200 questions with a total duration of 2 hours.
- You must achieve the cutoff scores (section-wise & total) to be called for common interviews.
For every wrong answer, negative mark of 0.25 would also be reduced in both prelim & main exam.
Books to prepare for IBPS Bank PO exams are now available online.Here are some top rated guides from renowned publishers that you can purchase & pay in cash on delivery.
Qualifiers of this main exam shall then proceed for common interviews following which combined scores are released.
After the final results are announced, allotments/ appointments will be made to candidates based on their total scores & preference.(16,000 jobs created in 2014)
Fee & Registrations:
The application fees are fixed at Rs.100 (SC/ST) or Rs.600 (others) with the option of paying it through,
Online: (from Jul 10 – Aug 1): Visit ibps.in & click on the online application to fill the necessary details.After submitting the form, you would be directed to the online fee payment gateway.
- Pay the appropriate fee amount using netbanking/credit or debit cards
- After the transaction is complete, print the generated e-receipt
- If application submission is successful, a registration number & password would be shown that has to be noted.
There is no option to pay the fees at any local banks.Everybody must pay online only.
You are also advised to take a print of the completely filled application form as it has to be produced at the time of interviews.
Read it here
The complete IBPS PO 2015 exam notification for bank jobs in India can be downloaded from their website here (.pdf)
And the online application link will be available after July 10, 2015.