The much expected SSC CGL Exam notification for the year 2016 has been released. Although the combined graduate level examination is conducted regularly every year, some new changes have been announced this time.So here are the 10 important points about SSC CGL 2016 Exam that you need to note before moving to apply online.
CGL Exam is a selection test conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for recruitment in central government jobs that under Group B & C cadre.
Since the exam advertisement runs for 50+ pages, it could be hard for aspirants to miss out the important areas.
So we have compiled 10 of the top instuctions related to SSC CGL that shall make it easy for first timers to know the rules.
1) Online application registrations from February 13 to March 10, 2016 – Apply in advance to avoid last minute rush.
2) Tier I exam will be conducted on May 8 & 22, 2016.Tier II is expected to held in August 2016
3) It is not an online exam.Candidates have to answer in OMR sheets provided at the exam hall only.
There is a proposal pending with the government for an online exam BUT its unlikely to be accepted for this year.
4) A post Assistant Section Officer has been created under Central Secretariat Service (CSS) with grade pay of 4600
5) Assistant Audit Officer is another new position to be filled through SSC CGL 2016. It comes under Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG.
The maximum age to apply for this post is 30 years.
6) All women candidates & those belonging (male/ female) to SC/ ST, Physically Handicapped & Ex-Servicemen are completely exmpted from paying application fees.
7) Your age, educational qualifications are to be considered as on August 1, 2016 & not from January 1.
8) There will be No Interviews for any of the advertised posts in SSC CGL 2016 on orders from PM Modi.
Instead of it, selected candidates have to qualify in Computer Proficiency Test or Skill Test (whichever is required) at the final stage.
9) Applicants at the time of registrations itself have to declare their order of post preference.It cannot be changed in future.
SSC will appoint candidates as per merit list by taking into account their aggregate marks in exam & preference.
10) The list of vacancies in each category shall be published one month before the final results.
We hope the above points will have given you an idea about the SSC CGL procedure. Incase you still have doubts, you may use the comment form to ask questions.
Since the online registrations are to start only from Feb 13, see our detailed article on SSC CGL 2016 Notification,Eligibility & selection process.