If you are aspiring for government jobs in India, the SSC CGL 2016 notification is one thing that you need to know.It shall be your best bet apart from bank jobs to apply for govt jobs.Staff Selection Commission conducts examinations & selects candidates for vacancies in central govt. departments including ministries.Qualifying in these tests shall open up more opportunities for young graduates in government sector.
Similar to IBPS CWE for bank jobs, SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2016 notification also does not mention about the no. of vacancies at this stage.
But 15,000+ posts could be on offer as there were 19000 vacancies in 2012, 12500 in 2011 & 8000 in 2010.
Too long for reading?
Dates to Note:
Online Applications can be submitted from February 13 - March 24, 2016
Update on March 8, 2016: Last date & Age Limit has been changed.See notification
Tier I Written Exams to be conducted on May 8 & 22, 2016
Tier II exam to be held on August 13 & 14th.
The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam is being held by SSC for group B & C cadre posts.Last year, around 8000 jobs were created.Checkout SSC CGL Previous Vacancies & Which dept had top jobs.
The year 2016 shall see the below mentioned govt. departments create vacancies:
- Assistants (in Ministry of Railway, External affairs, Intelligence Bureau, Central Vigilance Commission, Central Secretariat Service, Dept of Revenue, Enforcement directorate)
- Inspector (Income tax, Excise dept. & Central bureau of narcotics)
- Sub inspectors at NIA, CBI,
- Divisional accountant at offices under CAG
- Statistical investigator.
Group C posts comprise of Auditor, Accountant, Upper division clerk, Tax assistant, Compiler etc., with payscale of Rs.5200 – 20200
The criteria set for appearing in CGL exam are minimal and easily understandable such as:
Statistical investigator: If you wish to apply for this post, there are certain qualification that are needed.They are:
- Age should not exceed 32 years
- Degree in any discipline with statistics as one of the subject OR any degree with 60% maths in std.12
Compiler: Must have completed bachelors degree in economics or statistics
All Other Posts:
For all the other positions, there is a common set of conditions which are:
- Must have completed bachelors degree from a recognized university (pass in degree) as on January 1, 2016
- Aged between 18 – 27 years
Relaxation in max age for OBC – 3 yrs, SC/ST – 5yrs, PH – 10 years (refer notice for detailed limits)
Assistant Audit Officer: Should have completed a bachelor`s degree
- those with Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics are desired.
SSC CGL Post Preferences: There are 31 posts for which you can apply with CGL scores.Click here to know about job profiles & How to fill SSC CGL post preferences.
There was a speculation among aspirants whether SSC CGL 2016 exam will be online or offline.
It seems they have not yet taken a decision on this.So the exam shall be conducted offline only on OMR sheet.
Tier I exam is common for all positions which comprises of four papers,
General intelligence, General awareness, Quantitative aptitude & English comprehension
While the duration of test is 2 hours each section carries maximum 50 marks totaling 200.
Tier II scheduled in August will have 3 papers – Quantitative abilities, English language Statistics (for Statistical Investigator) & General Studies (for Assistant Audit Officer)
Each paper shall carry 200 marks.
Based on the results, candidates would be shortlisted for Skill test / Computer proficiency etc according to their post.
No More Interviews: There will be no interviews for any of these posts.So SSC will directly call individuals for Document Verification, if you get selected in Tier II exams.
SSC CGL 2016 Books
To assist you in preparations, we are listing some of the popular books/guides for ssc cgl 2016 exams that are in stock at online stores.
* Click here to Buy English version of SSC CGL Exam Guide (with solved papers & 70 practice sets) for Rs.719
* Click here to Buy Hindi version of SSC CGL Exam Guide (with solved papers & 70 practice sets) for Rs.759
Steps to Pay Fee & Register:
The application fees is Rs.100 (all Women & SC/ ST/ PH/ ExSm applicants are not required to pay) which can be paid through:
- Online: You may use netbanking/ Debit or Credit card to pay the fees.After payment, proceed immediately to Part II registration directly.
- At State Bank of India: Those opting for offline fee payment can deposit the fee amount at any SBI branch.The challan would be generated online after completing Part I of the registration process.
The facility to apply online for SSC CGL Exam 2016 is available at ssconline2.gov.in & sscregistration.nic.in
Need any help in registering, see How to fill SSC CGL 2016 Online Application – Detailed Steps with Images
Read more: The SSC CGL 2016 official notification is now available on their website.Click here to download (.pdf file)
Online application can be accessed from this page here (read instructions & then apply)