Do you hold an engineering degree?Then the recently released AAI recruitment 2016 notification for Junior Executive posts could be your best bet.Airports Authority of India (AAI) is a govt owned (public sector) organization which is responsible for managing over 100 airports in India.They are also involved in managing the air space over Indian skies.
Few months back, AAI had announced its recruitment for Junior Executives (Air Traffic Control) only.This time, its for different set of jobs.So dont get confused.
Post, Vacancies & Salary
AAI has notified a total of 220 Junior Executive openings under its 2016 recruitment (advt no:02/2016)
The department wise breakup of vacancies are:
- Junior Executive (Civil) – 50
- Junior Exectuive (Electrical) – 50
- Junior Executive (Information Technology) – 20
- Junior Executive (Airport Operations) – 100
The yearly salary shall be Rs.6.9 lakhs including benefits & allowances which means their monthly salary could be around Rs.57,000 (gross) in the payscale of Rs.16400-40500.
Online registration from April 18 to May 17, 2016 (Step I)
Last date to deposit fees at State Bank of India: May 20th
Step II of the registration process closes on May 24, 2016
Written examination dates would be announced later.
It is necessary for applicants to satisfy the following prescribed conditions inorder to apply for AAI recruitment 2016.
- Maximum age, as on 31.5.2016: General: 27 yrs; OBC: 30yrs & SC/ST: 32 yrs
- Junior Executive (Civil): BE/ Btech in Civil engineering
- Junior Exectuive (Electrical): B.E/ B.Tech in Electrical engineering
- Junior Executive (IT): B.E/ B.Tech in Computer science/ Computer engineering/ IT
- Junior Executive (Airport Operations): Graduate in science & MBA (regular) OR Bachelors degree in engineering.
- Minimum 60% marks in degree is compulsory
- Valid driving license is essential for JE (airport operations)
Full time candidates who had completed their degree (BE/ Btech/ MBA) are only eligible. Part time or correspondence/ distance graduates do not qualify for this recruitment.
Final year students are also eligible provided they should be able to produce the final results before the interview process.
Process of Selection
Since AAI is a public sector enterprise, applicants must appear for a competitive online exam that shall held at centres located in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Guwahati, AIIahabad, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Nagpur and Thiruvananthapuram.
The written test shall be for 2 hours consisting of 120 multiple choice questions.The pattern & syllabus for junior executive posts are:
- JE (Civil/ Electrical): 70% questions from subjects related to your degree (civil engg/ electrical engg) & 30% of questions will be from General Knowledge, General Intelligence, General Aptitude, English etc.,
- JE (IT/ Airport Operations): 50% questions from your degree subjects & 50% on GK, General Intelligence, Aptitude, English etc.,
Qualifers of this exam would be shortlisted for personal interviews.
Fee Payment & Registrations
The application fee of Rs.1000 should be paid only by male candidates of general & OBC category only.All Women & SC/ST applicants are not required to pay the fees.
- Visit www.aai.aero on or after April 18 & click on the online registration link for recruitment of junior executives (advt no:02/2016)
- Step 1 of the application form must be filled up first & system generated challan must be downloaded.
Caniddates then have to visit any SBI branch & deposit the fee amount using this challan before May 20, 2016.
After payment completion, they should login to the online application & complete the step II registration process before May 24th.
If you are inerested to apply for this AAI recruitment for Junior Executive Posts, make sure to download & read the official notification from their webpage here (.pdf)
The online application links will be activated on April 18.So check this page after that date.