Letter writing is one of the important question in descriptive english test of SBI PO & UIIC AO recruitment exams.In the age of smartphones & emails, many youngsters are very much comfortable in writing short sms/ whatsapp messages. But government offices still make use of letters for communication.So we are providing few topics for you to practice letter writing questions & improve your english writing skills.
Although the descriptive paper marks are not taken for final selection, it is necessary to score the minimum cutoffs to qualify in this test.As the pattern and cutoffs are similar for SBI PO descriptive test & UIIC AO descriptive test.
Letter Writing Practice Questions
We had earlier published an article on how to write a business letter in proper format, for which many of our visitors had emailed their doubts.
Some of them had sent us few topic requesting us to write a letter as sample.There was one such question sent to us by Ms.Srivastava.
Question: Write a letter to your relationship manager asking for premiums of various insurance policies.
The same format can be used to send a letter to the bank manager asking for interest rates of various loans or deposits.
New Delhi – 75
June 12, 2016
United India Insurance,
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Subject: Enquiry for quotation of term insurance policies
I received an email recently, from united india insurance about the various policies that are available for public.I am particularly interested to buy a health insurance policy for my family & myself.
After going through your website, I found that I am eligible for 4 different types of health insurance products.But there was no information on the premiums that i need to pay every year.
So i kindly request you send me an illustration or quotation of premiums for the health insurance plans.
My personal details are given below for premium calculation:
Name: Shwetha kumar
Date of birth: May 12, 1994
More Topics: As many of you requested, we are listing few letter writing practice topics.
Start typing on a computer because the descriptive section is an online test.
1) Write a letter to the manager of an insurance company requesting time to pay your premium amount
2) Letter to the bank manager to know the outstanding balance in your loan account
3) Since you had lost your two-wheeler insurance policy, write a letter to the insurance company to issue a duplicate policy.
4) Letter to your friend highlighting the importance of wearing helmet while riding bikes.
5) As a manager, write a letter to your staff to asking them to participate in the independence day celebrations without fail, to be held in the branch.
6) Write a letter to the editor of the hindu mentioning about the parking problems in your area.
7) Letter to your sister about the importance of having a savings account in bank by citing an incident you came across recently.
8) Write a letter to the HR manager of State bank of India to extend your joining date.
9) Your close friend has failed in bank exams.Write a letter to her giving your tips on how to clear the exams next time.
10) Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper about how insurance policies came to the help of people affected in recent chennai floods.
FREE Guidance: As a step to help candidates prepare for descriptive test, we have decided to evaluate the letters you write.
- Send us your letters to our mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will reply with suggestions or improvements.
The best letters would be published on this website, so others can learn and benefit.
It is for your benefit we are doing this.So do not send letters copied from elsewhere.