The IBPS specialist officers common written examination 2013 has been announced by Institute of banking personnel selection making it the 1st banking test this year.This call comes close on the heels of hugely popular CWE for PO & clerk posts.
Although banks are said to be more interested in appointing officers with specialized knowledge than generalists, the number of vacancies created in 2012 for such people were low.
|Directly read about eligibility, selection process, books to prepare & registration methods|
3 Lakh Appeared in 2012
16000 candidates cleared the previous exam which saw over 3.9 lakh registrations. Since the validity of scorecard issued to these qualifiers expires in April, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has decided to conduct specialist officer CWE 2013.
So securing pass marks is required to become eligible for specialist officer jobs in 20 public sector banks.The exact name of available positions are
Online Registrations/ Applications from January 10 to 28, 2013
Fee payments to be made between above dates only
Date of written exam – March 16 or 17, 2013
The criteria for registrants to fulfill are listed below for each discipline (as on Jan 2013)
* For all scale I posts, the age is to be between 20 & 35 years & no requirement of work experience
* Must posses the following educational qualifications,
|I.T.Officer||Must have UG or PG in IT/Comp. science/ Comp.applications/ Electronics/ ECE/E & I/ E & T OR Any degree with DOEACC level ‘B’ certificate.|
|Agriculture field officer||Degree in agriculture or subjects related to agri. sciences.|
|Technical officer||BE in Electrical/ IT/CSE/ Textile/ Mechanical/ Chemical/ Production/ or B.Pharm|
|HR/Personnel officer||UG & PG or diploma in Personnel management/ |
Industrial relations/ HRD/social work OR Degree/dip. in business admin. or management with HR (specl.)
|Marketing officer||PGDBA/ PGDBM/ MBA(marketing) or other degree with marketing specialization|
|Law Office||Degree in Law (LLB)|
* Applicants (except IT officer) should have studied computers/ IT as a subject in high school/ college or any institute & hold a degree/ diploma or certificate.
IBPS had taken the online route for PO & clerical CWEs. Similarly specialist officer examination would also be a computer based test thereby replacing coding sheets.But there is no change in exam pattern compared to previous year.
- Online written exam to be conducted at various centres in India in March 2013
- With 200 objective questions totaling 200 marks & duration of 120 minutes - 0.25 negative marks shall be added for every wrong answer.
A paper/ section on ‘Professional knowledge’ would have questions from the subject related to the post you apply (Agriculture for agri field officers,Computers & IT for IT officer,Marketing for marketing officer etc.,)
Since there are books/ guides available for IBPS specialist officer cwe, preparations wont be a difficult job.Listed below are some good reference materials for each post available at Flipkart.com
* IBPS Specialist Officer CWE Guide – Rs.436 – Buy Online
* Agriculture Officer Guide – Rs.375 – Buy online
* IT Officers Guide (covers all papers) – Rs.396 – Buy Online
* IT question bank (for IT officers prof.knowledge) – Rs.85 – Buy online
* Marketing Office Guide – Rs.315 – Buy online
Eventhough you are eligible for all positions application must be submitted for any one post.Fee of Rs.50 (SC/ST) or Rs.400 (others) must be paid between Jan 10 – 28 via
- Online – through netbanking, credit/ debit cards.The facility is made available at the IBPS website itself OR
- Visiting bank (any branch of BOB,BOI,IOB,PNB,UBI, Central bank) from 2nd day of registering & using the CBS challan given on the website, make the payment within 3 days.
As proof the counterfoil of challan must be obtained from the bank after remitting fees. Incase of online payments, do not forget to print the e-receipt after funds transfer.These original receipts should be handed over at the exam venue.
- After collecting the necessary details, proceed to submit the online application form given at www.ibps.in
- If registered successfully, you will receive an email or sms with a reg. number & password that must be noted to download or print call letters in future
>> Those interested in IBPS Specialist officers common exam 2013 are to download the notification from their official website here (pdf file)