What are the Jobs/Positions available in a Bank ? - This would be first question that arise in the minds of candidates looking for jobs in Indian banks.Here are the common positions for which recruitment is conducted regularly & would help in knowing about the position before applying for bank jobs 2012.
Who are they?
Whatever be the scale of a bank employee, they would have joined the organization initially in any of these 3 cadres
- Probationary Officer
- Specialist Officer
- Managers & above
Let us now see about each position in detail & what it takes to become one..
Clerk cum Cashier/ Office Assistant
Clerical jobs in banks are the starting point for a career in banking, especially for candidates with minimum qualification of 12th or equivalent.
- The clerk is assigned duties of taking care of general branch banking (such as interacting with customers,maintaining account/create reports or any work specified by banks).Read the complete job profile of clerks
Probationary Officers (PO)
Candidate with a degree (any stream) are generally considered eligible to apply for PO position.
- There are many professional who joined as PO, have reached top positions & have also become MD & CEO of banks.
- PO`s will be trained in all departments & will assist their managers in various activities.Read the complete job profile of bank po
The specialist officers will work in specific departments like Engineering, Systems, Marketing, Management, Public relations etc., & are as important as the above two.
- Companies from different sectors approach banks for loans to expand their business & specialist officers will analyze the company including its capacity to repay etc.,before sanctioning the amount.
- For this, candidates from a specific area of study are recruited.For example,a candidate with B.E in computers might be recruited into the bank`s computer section to work in the systems dept.
- So, professional graduates/candidates with specialized degree would be preferred.
So what does an Agri officer do?
Agricultural Officers: Public sector banks lend loans to farmers for agri purposes & agricultural officers are recruited to assess, verify & provide better support for people in rural areas involved in farming activities.
Although the openings are limited ,candidates with qualification in Agriculture/ Veterinary Science/Horticulture & other subjects related to agriculture are offered postings.
- This managerial position is mostly filled through promotions held within the bank.
- But in some cases,candidates with MBA degree or any degree with minimum 3 or 5 yrs of experience are also recruited by banks.
The positions discussed above were for public sector banks only.Private bank jobs have a different management structure & their recruitment process/ eligibility conditions also differ.