India is a land of many languages.it is estimated that over 32 dialects are in use among Indian people.With the booming of IT & BPO companies, english has gained importance across all walks of life.To all those who are looking to improve their english skills, here are some easy to follow methods.
English in bank exams: The written tests conducted as part of bank recruitments for clerk & PO posts, have a paper - Test of English language.So it is necessary to read and write proper english,as the marks scored in this section are considered while preparing the merit list.
* Start with a basic english grammar book.English text books of std.XII or intermediate deal with the fundamentals & this could help you in knowing the proper usage of words, verbs, adjectives.
* Reading english newspapers enables you to understand the proper framing of meaningful sentences which will be helpful in descriptive test (qualifying test in many banking exams) that carries 100 marks.
* Apart from gaining english knowledge, newspaper reading keeps you updated on the latest developments across various businesses & current affairs.Remember about the general awareness paper? So you end up preparing for Interview & GK as well by reading english newspapers.
* Are you looking to get english pronunciation right?Then we suggest you to watch english news channels.By watching talk shows/ debate on trending topics, you would get some valuable points for Group discussion apart from learning the right way to pronounce words.
- Finally, take efforts personally in improving your english skills with practice books & speaking with friends to overcome fear.We have listed some guides here,
# Objective English for Exams(with basics & solved papers) – Rs.323 – Buy Online
As english has become the most favored communication language in India, it is necessary to stay equipped for career challenges.