“I always clear written test but lose in Interview rounds”.”How to prepare for interview?” These are some of the commonly asked questions asked by many candidates.Hence, BankExamsIndia.com will be covering such Interview questions, suggesting methods to answer them.
The first question in most interviews is “Tell me about yourself“.Here are some important tips that could employed during your interview in any organization.
* Mention about your background, education, achievements, previous experiences & abilities.It should also not sound as if you are reading your resume.
* Avoid giving detailed info of your parents,relatives, school, college, city etc.,like I studied in John college.It was built 100 years ago & has a big library where 1000 people can sit.The interviewer is concerned knowing more about you, not the college.
* Highlight your strengths that would be relevant to the job.For example - If you are applying for a software job, emphasize on your final year software project by giving details of the work, client, team & result.
* Know about the company or organization, their services/projects & the position your applying.Prepare for interview in such a manner that you speak about your abilities in relation to the eligibility for that post.
* Along with your academic or professional achievements, describe how those skills could help their organization.Make the interviewer feel that you are the right person for that job.
A sample answer:
My name is Priya and I completed B.Com with 85% distinction from XYZ college.I have a natural interest in accounts & it was the reason for me being the college topper in accountancy subject.Due to this, I was chosen to lead our account dept. projects at seminars held at various colleges & companies, which have given me great exposure to current industry standards. With all this experiences, I am confident of excelling as Accounts Manager in your bank.
Remember: The above script is just an example & do not memorize it.
Interview questions could make you nervous but answers should not be mugged since an interviewer can easily find out if a person is speaking his mind or reciting answers.
Follow the above steps, prepare a good answer & say it in your own words.Good Luck !