August 23, 2011 – Following the close of common written exam (CWE) application process for bank PO/MT positions, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is back in action to conduct the 1st common test for clerks in public sector banks.
This common exam score is necessary while applying for Clerk recruitments in the following 19 public banks - Allahabad Bank,Andhra Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Central Bank of India, Corporation Bank, Dena bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, UCO Bank & Vijaya Bank.
Dates: Online application process: August 25 – Sep 28, 2011 (date extended)
Written test: November 27, 2011
Eligibility criteria for all India bank clerk written exam,
* Agelimit: 18 - 28 yrs, as on 1.08.2011
* Secured 60% marks in Matric/ Std.10th/ SSLC OR 50% marks in Hsc/ Std.12th or Intermediate/ Pre-university level OR Pass in degree (any discipline) from a recognized university, as on 1.08.2011
* Have to appear for test from a state where you prefer to work (can apply to vacancies in that state only, in future)
* Should possess proficiency in the official language of that state.
Written test for clerical cadres will have Objective tests only, comprising 250 questions.While the total marks is 250, for each wrong answer - 0.25 would be reduced as negative mark.
Books: If you are looking to prepare for the test, here are some books that can bought over internet & can be paid in Cash/ Netbanking or Debit cards
* Common exam – Clerk guide – Rs.200 – Buy Online
* Previous clerk exam solved papers (upto 2011) – Rs.193 – Buy Online
After exam, those who fetch minimum cut-off mark will receive scorecards from IBPS. As these scores are valid for 1 year, candidates can directly apply for interview with public banks after they announce clerk recruitment, provided he/she satisfies the eligibility conditions set by each bank (like age,education,test score etc)
Application: Fee of Rs.50 (SC/ST) or Rs.350 (others) can be paid online (credit/ debit cards) OR by making the payment at any of the branches of Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Central bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Punjab National Bank & United Bank of India OR through NEFT to the given account, from 24.08.2011 to 28.09.2011.
- After obtaining payment receipt, proceed to fill application online at www.ibps.in.On successful registration, a reg.number & password will be sent through Email, SMS.It is necessary to upload your signature & photo along with the online application
>> To apply for clerk jobs in banks, appearing for common exam is compulsory.So those looking to join banks - download the notification from their website here (pdf file)