While the 5th IBPS PO exam 2015 is slated in the month of October, many applicants are growing nervous each day.The reason is quite simple.Since this is the first time a main test is being held for PO posts & these scores will be take up for fianl selection, candidates are very eager to crack IBPS PO mains at first shot itself.
The main exam as part of PO recruitment in public sector banks is to be held on October 31, 2015 (Saturday).Since this test is conducted only for qualifiers of the prelims, approx. 2 – 3 lakh candidates are only expected to appear.
Carry these to the Exam Centre
You may have prepared well, practiced numerous questions & will be ready to take the test.Is that enough? NO.
There are certain rules framed by IBPS which every candidate has to be follow.Even if you miss any one of it, you will surely be pushed out of the hall.
So here are those important things that you should carry:
- Call letter with your recent passport sized photo (call letters are available on ibps website which must be printed on paper)
- Photo ID proof in original & photocopy (xerox copies).
- Valid ID proofs (carry any one): Passport/ PAN Card/ Driving License/ Voter’s Card/ Bank passbook with photo/ /Identity card issued by a college/ University/ Aadhar card with photo /Employee ID.
- 1 ball point pen
Ladies who have changed their name after marriage or anyone with name change MUST bring their marriage certificate/ affidavit/ gazette notification.
Ration card & E-aadhar card are not valid ID proofs.So DO NOT carry them as the invigilators will not allow you to proceed with the exam.
Reach the test centre 15 minutes before the reporting time.The IBPS PO Mains is going to be an online test for 2 hours but candidates are to be present inside the hall 1 hour earlier for completing the necessary formalities.
Invigilators are given powers to disallow anyone who comes late.So do not come to the venue beyond the reporting time given on your call letter.
How to Allot Time for IBPS PO Prelims?
if you spend a lot of time in one section, you will not be able to attend all the questions in bank exams.Take a look at the IBPS PO prelims pattern:
As you can see from the image above, all the 5 sections carry equal weightage of 1 mark for each correct answer.Also you have just 120 mins to answer 200 questions.
|There are cutoff scores on each paper & also on your total marks, which will be revealed by IBPS only after the results are announced.|
See IBPS PO mains expected cutoffs to get an idea of qualifying scores in main exam.
Here are some tips that shall help candidates in allotting time:
- Negative mark of 0.25 will be reduced for each wrong answer.So think twice before answering an unknown question.No mark will be reduced if you don’t answer it.
- Focus on getting as many answers correct instead of attending all questions.
- Avoid wasting time in thinking.If you have a doubt in answers, move on to the next question & return at the end.
- Start answering the section that you are strong & keep the difficult ones to the end.This shall help you in not losing marks by not answering the easier questions.
Personally, I will start answering from Computer section & then move on to GK & English as it does not require me to perform rough work or calculations.If you are weak in these sections then don’t start it at the beginning.
Those of you who wish to start from Quantitative aptitude or Reasoning at first – Be careful.Don’t spend more than 2 or 3 minutes in answering each question.
Time Plan: An ideal time plan should be planned by taking into account your strengths and potential.Here is our personal time plan.
- English – 20 mins
- General awareness – 10 mins
- Computer knowledge – upto 8 mins
- Reasoning – 40 minutes
- Quantitative aptitude – 40 mins
So what's your exam strategy? Do share it with others & see if you are missing anything.
Attend the exam confidently. Best wishes from BankExamsIndia.com team !!