Not long ago, public banks were known to announce results for their recruitment after 6 months which made the process of selection & filling posts take nearly an year.Thanks to the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for implementing this common written exam for PO postings in which the results have now come out within a period of 3 months.
Having got to know the test results of CWE, many applicants are anxious to know on what to do after this.
So we have described the steps that candidates can expect to happen from hereon.
About the results:
For all those who have not attended the common bank test, here is a screenshot of the results page.
As you can see, it just displays the status of a candidate as pass or fail.The scorecard will have more info on the scores, which would be sent via speed post.
Securing minimum cut-off marks(set by IBPS) in each section is a must to qualify.
After the results, what should you be looking for
- Receive the scorecard issued by IBPS through post.There is no facility to see the marks or to download the score sheet online.
- Look in newspapers or in this site for new bank jobs notified by public banks to fill vacancies.
- The notification would contain the eligibility criteria such as education, age & most importantly the required cwe score.
- If you satisfy the conditions & have the prescribed score, follow the instructions on applying for the post.Mostly it would done through the bank`s website.
- The bank will shortlist candidates & call them for personal interview by preparing a merit list with top scorers at the top .
- Once the interview is complete, final appointment is made.
There were some doubts raised in connection with the marks of common test, by our readers.Here is a compilation of answers to those..
Q: Can I apply to any number of banks after the exam?
A: The validity of scorecard is 1 year.So if you are within this period & fulfill the required eligibility conditions, applying for any bank is possible.
Q: The test result shows ‘Pass’.Will I surely get a bank job?
A: No.Clearing the test alone does not guarantee any job.You have travelled only 50% of the road & to cover the balance 50%, it is necessary to apply for the recruiting bank with your test score & appear for Interview to complete the final selection.
Q: My result status shows ‘Fail’.Will I receive scorecard?
A: No.Scorecards are sent only to candidates who have cleared/passed the exam.
Q: I have failed/ I did not write the test.When to apply again?
A: The exact date is not known but IBPS may start registrations for the next PO common exam in the months of January or February 2012
Q: Will banks have separate cutoffs?
A: Not cutoffs, but each bank will specify a minimum IBPS CWE score for each section in the notification & only those who have secured that shall apply for vacancies.
Selected? Check out our interview tips section that includes common interview questions & real experiences from candidates,
If you have not passed, worry not & start preparing for the upcoming PO exam as common written exams are to be conducted twice a year.