‘How many cleared the IBPS PO exam 2011’ was one of the question that was frequently asked by many in online forums, once the results for the common test were out.The answer for it has come now.Yes, a little over 1 lakh have made it through. With these numbers coming out, its sure to create more talk. There are some interesting stats to share prior to this update.Lets see them!
The IBPS PO exam results were announced on December 12, 2011 based on the written test conducted in the month of September `11 that was attended by 10.4 lakh bank job aspirants.The online website displayed their status as ‘Pass’ or ‘Fail’.
How Many Passed?
As per a news article published on businessline, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has said,
- 1,11,993 candidates have passed the 1st common test for PO/ MT posts.
- 36% of them are women
- around 30% of the total are from rural areas
See graphic to compare the numbers.
Only 10% Clear Test
We have decoded the statistics for you to understand more easily.
- From the 10.4 lakhs who appeared for the test, only 1.11 lakh have passed – which is just 10.7%!!
- Around 40,000 are women applicants & an equal number belong to rural parts of the country, as per the report.
What could be the possible reasons for the low level of pass percentage?
* Being the first common exam for bank jobs, candidates were nervous about the pattern & difficulty level.
* The paper was tough & lengthy that lead to shortage of time (see PO exam review)
* The necessity to secure minimum cut-off in each section to qualify could have also played a role.
So. it is clear from the above details that a lot of hardwork has to be put in for the next IBPS exam in 2012.
Clerk Results in February
There was something to cheer about among this gloomy numbers.The results for clerk exam held in the month of December shall be released in February 2012, said an official of IBPS.