Allahabad Bank has now released the announcement for recruitment of Probationary Officer.Started in the year 1865, it is one of the oldest public sector banks in India and also boasts a vast network of over 2400 branches across the nation with headquarters in Kolkata.
As a pre-requisite, only those who have appeared & cleared the IBPS common exam can apply for this recruitment.
Registrations (online) open from – 18.02.2012 to 10.03.2012
Age & qualification should be as on July 1, 2011
Post – Vacancy:
Probationary Officer (scale I) – 1600 posts
Looking to register for Allahabad bank PO recruitment? Make sure you satisfy the below,
- Minimum age fixed at 20 yrs while maximum is 30yrs
- Should be a graduate in any stream (no percent specified)
- Computer course certificate from training institute is necessary OR must have studied computers/ IT in school/ college etc.,
- Total weighted score in IBPS PO exam must be 125 (gen) & 112 (all others)
- Individual test scores to be 24 (gen) & 21 (others)
Allahabad bank also follows the same procedure as others.A merit list of high scorers from the received applications shall be prepared & they would be shortlisted for Group discussion or Interview.
If GD is conducted, it will be a qualifying stage & only those who clear the discussion shall move to Interview.
Of the total 35 marks allotted for Interview, candidates must score atleast 14 marks (gen) & 12 marks (others) for personal interview consideration.The final selection will include scores of CWE & interview & based on the no. of vacancies, appointments shall be finalized.
Payscale & Probation:
While the scale of pay for POs is Rs.14500 – 25700, those joining the bank will have to sign a bond of Rs.1 lakh agreeing to serve the bank for a minimum of 3 years.
- If you choose to resign within this period, this amount has to be paid.
- The probationary period shall be for 2 years after which your appointment would be confirmed.
Fee of Rs.200 (Gen/OBC) or Rs.50 (SC/ST/PWD) has to be paid deposited in cash with the given challan at any Allahabad bank branch before March 10.
On successful payment, collect the challan receipt or counterfoil from the branch.You have to submit the online application available at www.allahabadbank.com by filling the required details including payment info.
Preserve copies of application, fee receipt & scorecard as they have to be produced at the interview venue.
Those interested to apply are requested to download the notification of Allahabad bank PO recruitment 2012 from the bank website here