Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is all set to conduct another common written exam.But this is for a different category called the Regional rural banks, which are mainly present in rural areas & provides banking facilities to people in those areas.Similar to the CWE for PO & Clerks in commercial banks, IBPS has announced the 1st common exam for jobs in rural banks.
The idea of a common eligibility test was mooted by the govt which we reported in the month of March 2012 itself.In the months that followed the proposal was given shape by NABARD & IBPS has been entrusted with the charge of conducting, evaluating & publishing results for these bank jobs.
There are 82 rural banks in India & those qualifying in this test would be given score cards with which they can apply for Officer (Sc I,II,III) & Office assistant positions in desired organization.
Online registrations of applications – June 1 to 25, 2012
Officers – September 2, 2012
Office Assistants – September 9, 2012
Fee payment (online): 1.06.2012 – 25.06.2012
Offline fee payment from June 1 – June 30, 2012
What is the eligibility?
You must satisfy the following conditions, as on June 1, 2012
- Should have completed degree (any discipline) from a recognized university
- Must posses proficiency in local language of the state where RRB is located.
- pass in local language at matric/std. X level
Agelimit: (max. age +3 yrs for OBC, +5 yrs for SC/ST)
- between 18 – 28 yrs for Office assistant
- Scale I officer: above 18 & below 28 yrs
The IBPS common bank exam shall contain objective type questions for a total of 200 marks.
For details on the question paper pattern, see our detailed article tilted IBPS RRB Common exam pattern (includes preparation tips & books to refer)
The pattern is the same for Officers & Office assistants, while scale II,III have few extra papers.
The scorecards (valid for 1 year) shall be sent to candidates who secure a minimum qualifying score in each paper.
Each bank will specify their own eligibility (that includes age, degree & test score) while calling for applications.
Using this card, you can apply to banks that advertise their vacancies for officer & assistant posts.
The application fees are fixed at Rs.50 (SC/ST) or Rs.450 (others) for Officers & for Office assistants, its Rs.50 (SC/ST/PWD/EXSM) & Rs.350 (others) with the following options of payment,
- Online: (from Jun 1 – 25): Visit ibps.in & click on the online application to fill the necessary details.After submitting the form, you would be directed to the online fee payment gateway.
- Pay the appropriate fee amount using netbanking/credit or debit cards
- After the transaction is complete, print the generated e-receipt
- If application submission is successful, a registration number & password would be shown that has to be noted.
- Offline: (from June 1 – Jun 30): Logon to ibps.in & visit IBPS RRB CWE webpage to fill the online application.Enter the required details & hit submit.
- On submitting the application, note the generated Reg.no & password (also will be sent to your Email/ SMS)
- Take a print of the challan that shall be generated after the above step.
- After 2 days, deposit the fees at any branch of BOB, BOI, PNB, IOB, United bank of India or Central Bank of India using the printed challan
- As a confirmation of paying fees, you will receive Email/SMS after 2 days.
- After 3 days from date of payment, login with your reg.no & pwd & print the application that contains your filled-in details.
The detailed official notification of IBPS Common Exam 2012 for RRB jobs can be downed from their website here