Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is all set to conduct Regional Rural Banks (RRB) common written exam 2014.RRB`s are mainly present in rural areas & provides banking facilities to people in those areas.Similar to the CWE for PO & Clerks in commercial banks, IBPS has announced the 3rd common exam for jobs in rural banks.
The idea of a common eligibility test was mooted by the govt which we reported in the month of March 2012 itself.In the months that followed the proposal was given shape by NABARD & IBPS has been entrusted with the charge of conducting, evaluating & publishing results for these bank jobs.
The 1st IBPS RRB CWE was conducted in the month of September 2012.
56 rural banks participate in this year`s common recruitment platform.Those qualifying in this test can apply for Officer (Sc I,II,III) & Office assistant positions in desired organization.
Online registrations of applications – June 18 to July 7, 2014
Written exam shall be conducted for:
Officers – September 6, 7
Office Assistants – Sept. 13,14, 20,21
Result to be declared on November 5
What is the eligibility?
You must satisfy the following conditions, as on July 9, 2014
- Should have completed degree (any discipline) from a recognized university
- Must posses proficiency in local language of the state where RRB is located.
- pass in local language at std. X level or upto degree
- between 18 – 28 yrs for Office assistant
- Scale I officer: above 18 & below 28 yrs
While the above are only for general category, relaxation applies for others. (max. age +3 yrs for OBC, +5 yrs for SC/ST)
The IBPS RRB CWE 2014 shall contain objective type questions for a total of 200 marks.The mode of examination is online.
The pattern is the same for Officers & Office assistants, while scale II,III have few extra papers.
Scores & Validity:
Based on your exam performance, IBPS shall award scores which are valid for 1 year.Candidates can apply for RRB recruitments issued within this period using these scores.
Applicants must secure the minimum cutoff scores in each paper & also on total weighted score to qualify in written exams.
The application fees are fixed at Rs.100 (SC/ST) or Rs.600 (others) with the following options of payment,
- Online: (from Jun 18 – Jul 9): Visit ibps.in & click on the ‘RRB online application’ to fill the necessary details.After submitting the form, you would be directed to the online fee payment gateway.
- Pay the appropriate fee amount using netbanking/credit or debit cards
- After the transaction is complete, print the generated e-receipt
- If application submission is successful, a registration number & password would be shown that has to be noted.
- Offline: (from Jun 20 – Jul 14): Logon to ibps.in & visit IBPS RRB CWE webpage to fill the online application.Enter the required details & hit submit.
- On submitting the application, note the generated Reg.no & password (also will be sent to your Email/ SMS)
- Take a print of the challan that shall be generated after the above step.
- From the 2nd day, you can deposit the fees at any branch of BOB, BOI, BOM, PNB, IOB, United bank of India or Central Bank of India using the printed challan
- As a confirmation of paying fees, you will receive Email/SMS after 2 days.
- After 3 days from date of payment, login with your reg.no & pwd & print the application that contains your filled-in details.
The detailed official notification of IBPS RRB Recruitment Common Exam 2014 can be downloaded from their website here (.pdf)