Canara Bank has published the notification announcing recruitment of clerks.Started in 1906, the bank was nationalised in the year 1969.Since then, the bank is growing every year generating profits.Canara bank with its head office in Bangalore has over 3500 branches spread throughout India.
As usual,candidates holding a valid scorecard of clerk common exam are only eligible to apply.Those who have appeared for the IBPS CWE are not eligible to send their applications.
Probationary Clerk – 2000 posts (across many states)
Online applications: June 18 to July 1, 2012
Fees to be paid between the above dates only.
Am I eligible?
Are you the one asking this question? Then go through canara bank`s eligibility conditions
- Agelimit of min. 18 & max. 28 yrs, (upper age relaxation as per norms)
- Pass in degree OR 60% marks in matric/ SSLC OR 50% marks in HSC/ std.XII as of 1.08.2011
- Can apply for the state that houses your CWE test centre
- Must be able to read/ write/ speak official language of the state applied.
- It is essential to posses working knowledge of computers.
* pls refer notice for Minimum TWS score of each state, category
Who are Selected?
The minimum score specified above is only for eligibility & shortlisting for further processes shall be based on the TWS of applicants.
So according to the no. of vacancies in each state/ category, another set of cutoffs will be derived for entry into Group discussion (GD) & Personal interview (PI)
Proficiency in local language shall also be tested during GD & marks would be added to the total (100 marks) allotted for both GD & PI.
How to apply?
The process of paying the necessary fees & sending application is the same other banks.
- Application fee of Rs.50 (SC/ST) & Rs.100 (OBC/General) should be paid at any branch of Canara Bank OR in the specified account from a different bank using the NEFT facility.
- As proof of payment, collect the challan receipt from the bank & head to canarabank.com
- Click on the ‘online application’ link to enter your details & submit the form.
After successful completion, do not forget to take a print of the generated application & preserve it for future references.
>> Interested candidates can read about the Canara bank`s clerk recruitment project directly from their website here