Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), has released announcement for recruitment of clerks.IOB being one of the bank that is appoint employees through IBPS common written exam had previously called for PO & specialist officers also separately.As a result, only those who had passed the common test can send in their applications.
Indian overseas bank established in 1937 is today one of India`s leading public sector bank.With head office in Chennai, the bank has presence nationally with 2000+ branches.
Clerk – 1500 posts (across states)
Register online applications from June 29 to July 14, 2012
Interviews to be held in Aug or Sep 2012
The criteria fixed to apply for Indian overseas bank (IOB) clerical recruitment 2012 are,
- Age of min.18 & max.28 years, as on 1.08.2011
- Should have 65% marks in HSC (10+2) OR 60% marks in diploma in banking OR 50% marks in graduation (as on Aug 1, 2011)
- Be able to read, write & speak the state`s official language applying for.
- Fluency in english language is also necessary
- A candidate can apply for vacancies in a state where he/she had appeared to write the IBPS clerk common exam
Applicants must posses valid clerical exam scorecards with the following metrics,
- General category: 24 in each test section & TWS score of 120
- Others: 21 in each section & TWSS of 105
As there are no state-wise TWS scorings mentioned by the bank, all qualified candidates are eligible to apply.
From the application received, depending on no. of vacancies the bank shall shortlist only those who rank high (as per IBPS CWE scores) for next stage of selection – Interviews .
Candidates on appointment will be under 6 months probation, after which their service will be confirmed.IOB also mentions about serving 5 years in rural branches of their applied state.
How to apply:
If you satisfy the eligibility conditions, print a fee payment challan from IOB website.Visit any branch of IOB to pay the application fees of Rs.100 (gen/obc) or Rs.20 (others).
Collect the challan counterfoil/ receipt & head to submit your online application available at www.iob.in. & enter the required details.
Remember to keep your fee payment receipt & application print in safe custody for they should be produced at the time of Interview.
The official notification of Indian overseas bank (IOB) clerk recruitment 2012 & challan copy can be downloaded from the bank`s webpage here