United Bank of India has opened its recruitment of clerks for those possessing valid scorecards issued by IBPS.About the bank, it was nationalised in the year 1969 & head office in Kolkata, West Bengal.Being one of the leading public sector banks in India, United bank of India has over 1600 branches & 33 regional offices.
The PO recruitment announced by United bank of India was recently wrapped up with the release of final results in 3 months.Hope this hiring also follows the same time period.
Position – Vacancies:
Clerk (Single window operator) – 751 posts (across 13 states)
Online application registration – June 8 to 22, 2012
Fee payment also to be made within the above dates
Am I eligible:
It is necessary to fulfill the eligibility conditions set by the bank first.They are,
- Age to be min.18yrs & max. 28yrs as on Aug 8, 2011 (relaxation applies for OBC/SC/ST)
- Should have passed in degree OR 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/OBC) in XIIth
- A computer course certificate is necessary (not for those who studied computer subject in school or degree level)
- Can apply for vacancies in a state that was also the test centre
- If an applicant had appeared for clerical CWE in Delhi, he/she can apply for posts only in Delhi & not in West Bengal
The bank will be shortlisting applicants based on their CWE scores & total number of vacancies in each state.
For this, they have mentioned the no. of people to be called could be in ratio of 1:5
Although interviews carry 100 marks, the qualifying mark would be 40 for unreserved category (35 for others).A candidate`s knowledge of the local language will also be tested.
The fee of Rs.100 or Rs.20 (sc/st) can be paid at any branch of United bank of india or in any other bank by NEFT method.Make sure to utilize the correct challan while depositing fee.
- Collect the payment receipt/counterfoil from the branch, & visit their site –www.unitedbankofindia.com
- Enter the necessary details asked in the online application form & hit submit
Do no forget to print the system generated application which has to be submitted along with the call letter at the time of interview.
Get the official notification of United bank of India`s clerk recruitment project from their website here