Bank of Baroda along with Manipal University has setup Baroda Manipal School of Banking(BMSB) to train candidates in banking sector & recruit them as PO in BOB.For the year 2012-13, 4 batches have been planned & to gain admission for this process, an online test is being held.
Registrants for the exam were curious about the selection procedure from the beginning as it differed from other bank tests.
While answers are to be filled in coding sheets for conventional exams, the baroda manipal test is computer based – meaning you will have to ‘click’ the right answer.For this reason, we had posted a detailed look about Baroda manipal PO selection process
|Mr.Amarender Jannu, our reader from Andhra Pradesh appeared for this exam on July 5 at a centre in Hyderabad.He sent in his review/ experience of baroda manipal school of banking`s online test, which is produced below.|
He gives a general outline of the online examination as,
- Number of questions: 180
- Duration: 2 hours (120 mins)
- Sheets were provided for rough work
How many questions were asked in each section
- English language - 50 Questions
- Logical reasoning - 50 Questions
- Numerical aptitude- 40 Questions
- General awareness - 40 Questions
It was mentioned that wrong answer fetches negative mark of 0.25
Was the paper easy or tough?Mr.Amarender shares it in his own words,
1. In English, I attended 30 questions.The first 10 were too tough.Try them at the end.Except for paragraph (comprehension) type, others were okay
2. Reasoning questions were easy & completed 29 of it
3. Numerical aptitude saw me attend 28 questions that were of medium level of difficulty.
4. General awareness part could be easy for those who have appeared for such banking exams.Personally, I did not perform well in GA as this was my first test & was able to finish only 20 questions.It is enough for candidates to prepare only the basics for this section.
Since we had to attend 180 questions within 120 mins & that too on a computer, the questions appeared lengthy.
Overall, the baroda manipal exam pattern was easy for me but time management is required to get through the entire paper.
We extend our wishes to Mr.Amarender for sharing his observations that should be an eye-opener for many others who are to sit for the exam in coming days.