Union bank of India has announced its plan of recruiting specialist officers after completing hiring activities for PO & clerical positions.The bank is one of the top public sector banks in India & has its head office in Mumbai.Started in the year 1919, this bank has grown over the years & presently has 2800 branches across the nation with 29000+ employees.
IBPS had conducted a common written examination for all those willing to apply for officer vacancies (specialist cadre) & over 16000 candidates emerged with qualifying marks.
But unlike other banks jobs (PO or clerk), vacancies for spec.officers are limited & notifications come only once in a while.
Although there are 598 seats to be filled, scale I grade postings are,
* Asst. manager (technical) – 41 posts
* Personnel officer – 9 posts
* Rajbhasha adhikari – 18 posts
* Rural development officer – 100 posts
- refer the advt. for full list of jobs in scale II,III & IV
Submit online applications from July 17 to 31, 2012
Written exam (for higher scales) on Oct 7
For scale I posts,
- The agelimit is min. 21 & max.35 yrs, as on Dec 1, 2011
- Educational qualifications are similar to those mentioned by IBPS for specialist CWE registrations
- Certificate in computer awareness & office automation is reqd. (not necessary for those who have studied computers in UG/PG level)
- Candidate should have appeared for the IBPS common exam & posses a valid score card.
Since there is no minimum TWS score specified for these posts, all qualifiers become eligible to apply.
For certain scale II posts, written test could be conducted but scale I applicants will be shortlisted for a group discussion or psychometric test that will be followed by personal interviews.
Psychometric test, if arranged would be an online test containing questions about few scenarios.Your answers will help the bank to asses your qualities such as leadership & team building.Those securing the minimum marks will qualify for the next stage.
While GD & Interviews carry 50 marks each, the pass percentage is fixed at 50% (45% for sc/st/obc/ pwd)
Interested candidates must visit any branch of union bank of India to pay Rs.100 (gen,obc) or Rs.20 (others).This amount should be paid only in cash before July 31 using the challan attached with the notification.
On collecting the payment receipt/ challan with transaction no. logon to unionbankofindia.co.in to file your registrations.
The application procedure is same as other banks.
Login using IBPS register no. & password to fill in all the details asked.Remember to confirm them again before hitting submit.
The Union bank of India`s specialist officer recruitment advertisement can be downloaded from their website here. It also consists of payment voucher & other certificate formats.