Axis Bank has announced its 5th batch of Young Bankers Program (ABYB), a yearly event much similar to PO recruitment.While public sector banks conduct common exams through IBPS for their vacancies,ICICI bank & Axis bank have joined with Manipal global education to train candidates and provide appointment.
Fresh graduates searching for private bank jobs, especially Axis bank jobs can benefit from this program.Instead of simply submitting your resumes on job portals hoping to get calls, the ABYB follows a straight forward approach.
On completion of training you will join Axis Bank as Assistant Managers.
Dates to note:
Online registrations close on September 1, 2013
Dates for online test, interviews & joining will be intimated later.
Who are Eligible:
To answer this question, we are reproducing the eligibility conditions specified for Axis bank young bankers event,
- Aged not above 25 yrs, as on April 1, 2013
- Must be a graduate with 55% marks (any degree)
- There are no relaxations in age or qualifications for SC/ST/OBC/PWD applicants
|IBPS exam scores are not necessary; Anyone satisfying the above criteria can apply.|
Process of Selection:
There shall be an online aptitude test running for 2 hours in the following subject areas,
Logical & Reasoning, English language, Quantitative/Numerical ability & Computer Awareness.
Applicants qualifying in this test will be invited for personal interview (PI).The exam dates, venue & time of test & PI will be informed to applicants by email.
Training & Joining:
Candidates thus shortlisted should join undergo 9 month on-campus sessions at Manipal Banking Training Campus, Bangalore involving classroom lectures, seminars assignments, case studies etc.,& 3 month internship at Axis bank branch.
- Rs.3 lacs (+ taxes) is the cost to pursue this course which can be either paid by the individual themselves or avail a loan from any bank.
- During the course of training, monthly stipend of Rs.5000 (for 9 months) & Rs.12000 (for internship) would be paid.
|After completing 12 months of training, the candidates will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Banking Services & appointed as Assistant manager in Axis bank with an annual salary of Rs.3.71 lakhs.|
No Bonds: The most important part to remember in this Axis bank young bankers program – no service bond.It means you need not sign any agreements promising to stay with the bank for pre-specified no. of years.
Therefore the fees paid may also not be refunded after few years like in other private banks that conduct similar programs with manipal university.
How do I Apply?
There application fees of Rs.500 should be paid through Demand Draft or Cash at any Axis Bank branches across India before September 1.Account details & DD payee info are provided at this website
- Visit the registration portal here
- If you are first time applicant, click on ‘Apply’ button located at the top right corner & fill in the application form.
- Previous year registrants may directly login using the ID, password & proceed to the form.
On submission, confirmation emails will be sent which have to be preserved as you may have to check the application status.
Individuals looking to apply for Axis Bank Young Bankers Program 2013 can look for more information from their dedicated webpage here