Have you started to prepare for SBI PO recruitment exam 2014? With just a month left, we know many would be still searching for tips and free SBI question paper downloads on the internet.Though it is necessary to have a plan in place you must also know about previous SBI cutoffs and scores.
Few weeks back we published a review of SBI PO Exam Guide book that covers all the essential topics, solved question papers & practice tests.
Now let’s look at SBI`s previous recruitment exams to gather info on the marks that is considered safe for qualifying.This enables you to approach the state bank of India`s officer exam scheduled in the month of June more confidently
For SBI job aspirants to understand better - the article is categorized under
How Much to Score?
State Bank of India had conducted recruitment for PO vacancies in July 2011 & April 2013.Below were the marks & cutoffs fixed by the bank for those hiring exercises.
From the above image, it is clear that
- the minimum qualifying marks to secure in each paper is around 13 for general category & 10 for others.
- scoring the necessary total marks in objective test is also needed
- the minimum marks for descriptive paper remains stable at 20 & 18.
Inorder to reach the total marks specified for objective section you need to answer atleast 20 questions correctly in each subject.
Don't Stop; Aim Higher
Were you thinking that SBI will call all candidates who have scored the prescribed cutoff marks? If yes, then you are mistaken.THEY WONT!
Just have a look at the marks of the last candidate who qualified in written exam (total: 250 with objective + descriptive parts) & called for GD & Interview:
What you need to know:
Here are certain important things that every candidate appearing for SBI PO exam 2014 must keep in mind:
- Don't think of interview call by just scoring the minimum marks in written test.
- Maximize your chances of getting shortlisted for GD & PI by posting high scores.
- Marks of the last candidate have increased compared to last year.This means the bank was able to find enough no. of people within that high range.
- Do not indulge in calculating & trying out various combinations on the no. of questions to answer based on these cutoffs while preparing for the exams.
Let us also tell you this: There is no guarantee for the SBI PO 2014 cutoff marks to remain the same but certainly it wont be lower than last year`s.
What do you make from these previous year scores of SBI recruitments? If you have any tips to share with others, use the comment form below.
Remember to also checkout the study plan for SBI PO exam shared by one of our reader.