The 18252 vacancies announced as part of Railway Recruitment 2016 were for various positions in Indian Railways.The 19 Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) spread across the nation are responsible for conducting selections which differs for each post – Computer based test, Typing Test & Aptitude Test.We explain the procedure in detail so you can prepare for the RRB exam accordingly.
All applicants will have applied for these 9 positions in a single application by giving your post preferences or order.
First, Appear for a Common Test
All candidates should initially appear for an online computer based test (CBT) at centres you have already chosen.These tests shall be held by individual RRB`s between March to May 2016.
The CBT will have objective type questions from General Awareness, Arithmetic & General Intelligence and Reasoning sections.You will have to answer them in 90 minutes.
RRBs will fix cutoffs for each category & those securing above these total cutoff scores will proceed to the next stage.
CA, TA, ECRC & Goods Guard
Candidates who have qualified in the online test & scored good marks to feature in the merit list for that post, will be directly invited for document verification process.
Once the verification is complete, they would be considered for appointment & other joining formalities including medical test.
|Note: Your order of preference, cutoff score, vacancies for that post in the RRB you had applied etc., will detemine your empanelment.|
JAA, Sr. Clerk & Sr. Time Keeper
If you wish to become Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist or Senior Clerk cum Typist or Senior Time Keeper, here are the stages that one must cross,
1st stage common online test (CBT) > Typing Test > Document verification
After securing the necessary cutoffs fixed for these 3 jobs in CBT, candidates equal to 8 times the number of vacancies will be called to appear for a typing skill test.
For example, if there are 100 senior clerk vacancies, atleast 800 candidates would be shortlisted for the typing test.
About Typing Skill Test:
- Typing Test does not carry any marks BUT participants must qualify in it.
- Candidates should be able to type 30 words per minute (WPM) in English or 25 WPM in Hindi
- The words are to be typed only on computer provided at the centre.Typewriters wont be arranged.
- Spell check facility & other editing tools (if any) would be disabled on the system while typing.
- Failing in this test will lead to disqualification to join as JAA, Sr.Clerk or Sr Time Keeper.
A merit list of candidates who qualify in the typing test will be prepared based on their online test (CBT) marks.Only those individuals can appear for document verification.
ASM & Traffic Assistant
To get appointed as Assistant Station Master or Traffic Assistant through this RRB NTPC recruitment, clearing these stages is compulsory:
1st stage online test (CBT) > Aptitude Test > Document verification
On clearing the prescribed cutoffs for both these 2 posts, candidates must take part in an Aptitude Test.
The number of candidates to appear for aptitude test will be equal to 8 times the vacancies existing for these positions..
About Aptitude Test:
Aptitude Tests are conducted to test a candidate`s attention, concentration, intelligence, perception & strengths which are required for certain job profiles.
- Marks are to be awarded in this test & hence, scoring good marks inaddition to qualifying is necessary.
- No negative marks for wrong answers.
- A weightage of 70% (CBT marks) & 30% (aptitude test marks) will be taken in drawing the merit list for ASM & Traffic assistant jobs.
- Click here to know about the type of questions that could be asked in such tests.
Candidates should bring their eye vision certificate from an eye specialist to the aptitude test centre without which they will not be allowed inside the hall.
Those who feature in the merit list are eligible for document verification stage.
Medical Test Conditions
After verification of documents ends, appointment for all jobs will be confirmed on successful completion of medical test by Indian railways administration.
- Selected candidates must satisfy certain vision standards
- There are specific distance & near vision readings.See the vision & eyesight rules mentioned for railway recruitment that are to be checked.
Since this medical examination happens only at the final stage, any rejections here will make you ineligible for all jobs.
By now, we think all of you would have understood the selection stages involved in RRB railway recruitment.Incase of any doubts, voice it through the comments form.
Remember to checkout our detailed article on RRB Exam Pattern, Syllabus & Topics to read in each section to know on how to prepare.
>> If you are starting to prepare for exams,see the best books for RRB railway exam