IBPS has completed the allotments for PO, Clerk & Specialist officer recruitment in public sector banks.It was part of the CWE V selection process for which the exams & interview were held in the year 2016.Now, candidates have to wait for their respective banks to announce the reporting dates.Here we explain the list of documents & certificates that are required at the time of joining that will be verified by bank officials.
As we all know, the IBPS PO V, Clerk V & Specialist Officer (SO) V recruitments have been completed & vacancies were also announced recently.
Though these openings can be filled before March 2017, the expected joining dates are normally within 2 –3 months of allotment.
Bank Joining Documents Checklist
There have been few malpractices in recruitment process earlier.So public sector banks are very particular in verifying the identity of the candidate before he/she joins their organization.
Even if you had secured the top score in IBPS exam & interview, banks can reject & cancel your allotment – if you don't submit the necessary proofs.
What documents are required at the time of joining bank? Here is the list of documents checklist that most banks need you to submit in original & photocopy (xerox). The originals shall be returned after verification.
1) ID proof: PAN card/ Aadhar card/ Driver’s License, Voter`s ID/ Passport etc
2) Date of Birth proof: Mostly officials match the birth date in ID proof with the date in mark sheets.But sometime, they may also ask for birth certificate.So have it ready as well.
3) Educational qualifications: Std. X & XII marksheets, Semester-wise & consolidated marksheets of degree (UG & PG), marksheet, Degree final certificate etc.,
The date of passing the degree exam mentioned on degree marksheet or provisional certificate will be considered to check your eligibility condition.
As per the above rule, your results should have been declared on or before:
- August 1, 2015 for PO
- September 1, 2015 for Clerks
- December 10, 2015 for Specialist officers
For PO & SO, this would have been verified during the common interview stage itself.But for clerks, this will be the first time.
4) Computer literacy certificate: This is only required for clerical positions.
- Candidate should have studied computer science or IT as a subject in high school/ college OR
- Must have completed any course in computer operations/ language from an institute.
If a person has studied computers as a subject, it should be highlighted in the mark sheet.
5) Category/ Caste certificates: OBC/ SC/ ST candidates should submit their caste certificate issued by appropriate authority (as per the central govt format).
- Those belonging to OBC category (non creamy layer) – certificate must specifically contain a clause that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer section.
- It should have been issued within one year from the date of exam notification (refer date of ibps advertisement)
PWD candidates: Disability certificate in proper format issued by district medical board should be submitted.
Ex-Servicemen: Discharge letter along with pension payment order & proof of last held rank to be produced.
Valid authority to issue caste certificates: The OBC/ SC/ ST certificate issued by these competent authorities would only be accepted.
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / First
Class Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Sub-divisional officer of the Area where the candidate and or his family normally resides.
6) IBPS online application: Take print of IBPS PO/ Clerk/ SO exam application form (link to download is currently active on ibps.in)
7) Relieving letter: Those of you who had mentioned experience may be required to produce their relieving order.
Other Documents for Joining Formalities
The above list are the docs that a candidate must provide from his/ her end.There are few other documentations which the bank will give as part of its joining formalities.
The following list of documents shall either be sent by post to your address OR will be available for download on their website.
- Service bond agreement (see bond amounts in govt banks)
- Character certificate forms
- Employment form
- Medical certificate
- Few more formats..
Don't worry about these documents because not all banks require them & even if they do, proper formats will be shared in advance to get it ready.
Banks have all authority to not allow candidates from joining if they do not provide the necessary proofs.All of you have worked hard to get bank jobs.
So don't lose the opportunity by making silly mistakes in preparing joining documents.If you are in doubt, get it clarified & report for duty with confidence.