The much expected SBI PO 2017 recruitment notification has been released & is to take over India for the next few weeks.As the top public sector bank in India – State bank of India is to recruit for 2300 PO vacancies and this is the 1st big hiring by SBI this year.The banking major has over 12400+ branches across the nation with 2 lakh+ employees.
To all those who were eagerly waiting for SBI PO recruitment news in 2017, this announcement is sure to bring smiles, especially to candidates who couldn't get allotments through IBPS CWE process.
Online registrations begin from February 7 – March 6, 2017
- Preliminary exam on April 29, 30 & May 6, 7
- Main exam on June 4
Final results to be announced on August 5, 2017
Posts & Salary:
SBI PO salary has always been the best compared to its peers.While the basic pay is Rs.27,620 in the scale of Rs.23,700 - 42020, employees are eligible for DA, HRA/ Lease rental, medical & many other benefits.
What is the Eligibility?
So the eligibility condition to apply for the SBI PO recruitment 2017 are,
- Completed degree in any discipline, as on July 1, 2017
- Age to be within 21 & 30 years as on April 1, 2017 (OBC: +3yrs, SC/ST: +5 yrs)
Are you a loan defaulter? If you had taken any home loan, personal loan, educational loan & defaulted in repayment (not paying the monthly installments) – you are not eligible to apply for this PO recruitment in SBI (see why loan defaulters cannot apply)
Number of Chances: There is a limit on the number of times a person can appear for the SBI PO exam. As per this rule:
- General – 4 chances
- OBC – 7
- SC/ ST – No restriction
It means, a general category candidates who had already appeared for 4 previous PO exams conducted by State bank of India are not eligible for this SBI PO recruitment 2017.
While OBC candidates are given 7 chances, SC/ ST can apply for any number of times since they don't have any limits.
The no. of attempts should be counted from the exam held on April 18, 2010
- All applicants will need to appear for a preliminary test in April 2017.
- Those who qualify in prelims will be shortlisted for the main examination
- Group discussion & Personal interviews shall be conducted for qualifiers of main exam.
|The marks obtained in preliminary test is only for qualifying purpose & will not be added to your final scores.|
It contains two major sections Objective test (200 marks) & Descriptive test (50 marks). As per it, all papers in main exam will have time limit.
* SBI PO Exam Guide (for prelims exam) – Rs.289 – Click here to Buy Online
Fee Payment & Registering
So make sure to submit your online application & transfer the payment through debit/credit card or Internet banking.
- Remember to note your registration no. & password that will be displayed ont he screen on successful submission of the application.
- In addition to these, recent photo of the applicant & signature must be scanned & uploaded along with the online application.
There is no option to pay fees at SBI branches.So dont wait to print a challan.
Download Notice: Those interested in applying for should read the SBI PO 2017 notification pdf from their website here & then apply online