The United Bank of India PO recruitment 2016 notification may look usual but there is a difference.Appointment in this public sector bank will be only after completion of 1 year Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance course in tie-up with NIIT-Institute of Finance, Banking & Insurance Training Limited.Through this partnership, selected candidates can avail a loan for the course & also get an officer job.
To discourage employees from job hopping & bring down attrition rate – banks such as Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank & Federal Bank had tied-up with Manipal University for PO training cum recruitment program.
United Bank of India has joined that list with this announcement.The important thing, however is – IBPS bank PO exam scores are not required to take part in this recruitment.
|All those who successfully complete the course shall be awarded Post graduate diploma in Banking & Finance & appointed as Probationary Officer (PO – scale I) in United bank of India.|
The bank has planned to admit one batch comprising of 100 students for the PG diploma course in NIIT university, under following categories
Salary: The payscale of those chosen as PO is Rs.23,700 – 42,020 with the total emoluments including all allowances, benefits etc at Rs.6.50 lakhs/ annum.
The starting salary in united bank of india for POs shall be approximately Rs.35,000/ month
Dates to Remember:
Registration of online applications & fee payment – June 26 to July 12, 2016
Online examination on August 7th
Who are Eligible:
The eligibility conditions to apply for united bank of india – NIIT university PO recruitment programme are very simple.
Applicants must satisfy each one of the conditions below,
Individuals who are waiting for results OR currently in their final year/ semester are not eligible to apply.
The seletion process consists of an online test, personal interview & group discussion. The online written exam to be held on August 6th, is similar to IBPS PO main exam with the below sections:
The bank shall fix certain cutoff marks for each section & on total scores, based on which candidates will be shortlisted for interview/GD.
Do not forget about negative marks as each wrong answer will result in reduction of 0.25 marks.
About UBI PO Recruitment, PG Course & Job Assurance:
The PG diploma course duration is 12 months which is also your training period.It involves two stages,
- 9 month classroom training at NIIT university, Rajasthan with stipend of Rs.2500/ month
- 3 month internship in United bank of India (stipend of Rs.12,000/ month)
|On completion of 12 months training, the trainees shall be awarded Post graduate diploma in banking & finance along with their appointment letter to work as PO in UBI|
The important features of this programme are:
1) The cost of undergoing this course at NIIT university is Rs.3.20 lacs which will can be financed by availing an educational loan from united bank of india.
The fees includes lodging, boarding, course material, lab charges/ practical, medical services, examination fees, certificate fees etc.
2) The EMI repayment for this loan shall begin after you join as officer.The amount would be deducted from your salary for 60 months.
3) Service Bond: Selected candidates must sign a bond agreeing to serve the back for a minimum of 2 years from date of joining as PO.
Incase of quiting before end of bond period, the individual must repay the entire stipend amount + outstanding loan balance including interest + Rs.2 lakhs towards training cost.
4) Incentive & Bonus: At the end of 5 years of your service, bank shall refund the entire loan amount & additional incentive may be paid after completing 7 years with them as loyalty bonus.
How to apply:
The application fee of Rs.700 (gen/obc/exsm) & Rs.100 (sc/st/pwd) must be paid while filling the online application form before July 12.
- Visit unitedbankofindia.com website for the online registration links
- Fill in the necessary details & complete the fee payment (only through online fee payment)
Remember to take a print of the of the e-receipt & completed application form for future reference.
Before registering for United Bank of India (UBI) & NIIT university`s PO recruitment cum training programme, read their official notification from their website here
The online application form can be accessed from this webpage here.