South Indian Bank (SIB) has announced recruitment of PO & Clerks.It is one among the fastest growing private banks in India based out of Kerala.With head office in Thrissur, SIB has over 600 branches across India but has a strong presence down south.
There are 20 public sector banks in India & vacancies in them are filled through IBPS common bank exams.But private banks such as ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, KVB, South Indian Bank etc., have their own recruitment processes.
Positions & Vacancies:
PO (officers) – 201 posts
Clerks – 336 posts (Kerala – 210, Tamil nadu – 70, Delhi NCR – 30, Karnataka – 26)
Job location: While probationary officers can be posted anywhere in India, clerks would be initially posted in any of the above 4 states only.
Dates to Note:
Online registration of applications: January 19 to 27, 2017
Written test to be held in February 2017
Who are Eligible?
South Indian Bank has fixed certain qualifications to apply for PO & clerical recruitment 2017,
- Age must be within 25yrs, as on 31.12.2016 (+5 yrs for SC/ST; +3 yrs for those with experience as officer/ clerk in any indian bank)
- Should have atleast 60% marks in X, XII & graduation as on 31.12.2016
- Age not more than 26 yrs, as on 31.12.2016 (+5 yrs for SC/ST)
- 60% marks in std.X, XII & graduation is necessary, as on 31.12.2016
- Know to read, write & speak the official language of the state you are applying.
- Must be staying in the state for which you are applying for atleast 5 years.
There is no difference in the selection method compared to other banks since it also follows a multi stage process:
- PO – Written test, Group discussion & Personal Interview
- Clerks – Written test & Interview
The online test will consist of 200 questions, each carrying 1 mark & 0.25 negative mark for every wrong answer.Total marks: 200 & Duration: 120 minutes.
Here is the south indian bank PO/ clerk recruitment exam pattern:
Registrations: While the application fee is Rs.600 & Rs.150 (SC/ST) for clerical applicants, it is Rs.700 & Rs.150 (SC/ST)for PO.
The fees & application form must be submitted online before January 27, 2017 through southindianbank.co.in
Online application: Click here to apply online