As the date of IBPS bank clerk exam gets near, doubts related to the proceedings are also reaching a high.Since results of this online test are required for a career in Indian banking sector you better be double sure of the process.Questions on what to do, what not to do, what to be taken etc., are being asked by anxious candidates.
The 2012 clerical common exam is different in many ways when compared with previous ones.For the first time, bank exams are going online & qualifiers of this test shall appear for common interviews.
The institute has already released a mock test for practice.So we have compiled a list that will assist applicants to better understand the procedures much better.
What to carry?
IBPS has advised all eligible candidates to bring the following items,
- Call letter with passport photo pasted in the given space
- ID proof – original & few copies
- Ball point pen
* Original fee payment receipt/ challan is not mandatory, this year
You will not be allowed to continue, if any of the above documents are not produced during verification.Let us see each in detail,
Call letter: This is similar to a hall-ticket for the exam to be held on December 15,16,22 & 23.We hope all registrants for this IBPS PO CWE have downloaded their call letters from the institute`s website.
If not, visit the page here, enter login details & take a print.On the printed sheet paste your recent passport photo in the specified blank area & have it ready.
Proof of Identity: Do not forget to take your original & some copies of photo identity proof as the call letter along with an ID proof copy should be submitted to the exam invigilator.
|Any one of the following documents can be considered as valid ID proof - PAN card, Voter`s ID, Passport, Driving license, Bank passbook with photograph, Aadhar card with photo, Photo id issued by a gazetted officer, Employee ID or College ID card.|
About Online Test:
It is possible to commit some silly mistakes on the D-day due to pressure, nervousness or even bad luck! Here is a quick rundown of tips so readers can make conscious efforts in avoiding mistakes while on computer.
- There are 5 sections (200 questions) & candidates can move from one section to other at any point.
- The test is for 120 minutes but you should not click on ‘submit’ button before the time ends.
- Once the duration is reached, system automatically submits your answers.
- Do not press any keys on the keyboard while the exam is underway.
- Questions in numerical ability & reasoning may require calculations to be done, as both are maths oriented.
- Rough work must be performed only on the sheet provided which must be handed over to the invigilators before leaving the test room.
Reach on time:
- Reach the venue before 30 mins of scheduled time.
- Those reaching late wont be permitted to enter the hall & such incidents did occur in previous cwe`s
- Plan your travel in advance taking into account the traffic, mode of transportation, distance etc.,
- If possible, visit the test centre before a day to calculate time taken.
Marks & Cut-Off:
- It is essential to score the minimum cut-off in each paper.
- No invite for common interview if you don't qualify in this online CWE.
- The cut-off marks shall be fixed based on performance of everyone in each section.
- Negative mark of 0.25 will be added for each wrong answer (read about minimising negative marks)
We hope this article helps you to face the online clerical exam by IBPS with confidence. All the best!!