Indian Bank has released its plans for recruitment of Probationary Officers. Founded in 1907, it has grown to become one of the leading public sector banks in India.With headquarters in Chennai,the bank has over 1900 branches nationally apart from international presence & has a combined strength of 19000 employees.
This Indian Bank PO recruitment is meant only for those who appeared for the common written exam & hold a valid IBPS scorecard.
Post & Vacancies:
Probationary Officer (scale I) – 452 posts
Events: Online registrations from Feb 17 to March 3, 2012
The criteria to apply for this Indian bank recruitment are,
- Should be within 21 – 30 yrs of age, as on 1.07.2011
- Must have completed graduation with 55% aggregate marks (50% for SC/ ST/ OBC), as on July 1, 2011
- Knowledge of computer operations is necessary.
- A valid IBPS scorecard with the following
- Total weighted score of 141 (Gen) or 116 (OBC/SC/ST/PWD)
- To have scored: 24 (Gen) or 21 (for all others) in each test (including descriptive)
Based on the no.of applications candidates shall be shortlisted according to TWS – with high scorers at top, who shall proceed to Interview/ Group discussion.
In addition to the probationary period of 2 years, a service bond for Rs.1 lakh should be signed by selected appointees agreeing not to quit the bank before the end of probation.
Payscale for PO`s are fixed at Rs.14500/-/25700
How to Register:
The fee of Rs.200 (Gen/OBC) or Rs.50(SC/ST) has to be paid in any branch of Indian bank before March 3, 2012 ,using the challan available at their site
- On receipt of challan copy, visit www.indianbank.in & click on the ‘apply online’ link placed under career.After filling the required information, hit submit & take a print of the generated application form.
- This form has to be submitted at the time of interview along with other specified documents & certificates.
To read the notification of Indian Bank PO recruitment - download it from their website here