Indian Bank established in year 1907 & one among the leading public sector banks of India has come out with an announcement for recruitment of Specialist Officers.Apart from 1965 branches across India, the bank also overseas operations.With head office in Chennai, Indian bank serves its customers with 18000+ employees.
IBPS introduced common written exam (CWE) for specialist officer positions as well that are to be conducted once a year.Using the scorecard issued by IBPS, aspirants can apply for sp. officer vacancies.
This recruitment from Indian bank is only for those qualifiers of IBPS CWE (March, 2012)
Post & Vacancies:
Specialist Officer – 215 posts
- Rural development officer – 151 nos.
- Hindi/Rajbhasha Officer – 29 nos.
- Legal officer (scale II) – 25 nos.
- IT Officer (scale II) – 10 nos.
While the minimum age is 21, max. age for first two positions is 30 yrs & 32 for others
Dates to note:
Online registration of applications– August 22 to September 5, 2012
Interview scheduled shall be announced later
To apply for officer posts in Indian bank, its necessary to posses the following criteria,
Rural develop. officers:
- Should have completed degree in agriculture or allied subjects like Horticulture/ Vet. science/ Diary science etc., as on Dec 1, 2011
- Minimum TWS score: 112 (Gen) & 104 (others)
- Experiences is not required
- PG degree in Hindi or Sanskrit with english as subject at UG level
- TWS score reqd: 96 (Gen) & 90 (others)
Candidates must also be proficient in computer skills (such as MS-Word, Excel etc.)
Indian bank would call desired no. of candidates as per TWSS based on total vacancies & applications received.
These shortlisted people would have to appear for group discussion and/ or personal interviews at the mentioned centres.Intimations shall be sent only through email.
Those finally selected for appointment will have to sign a service bond for 2 years & pay Rs.1 lakh in the event of leaving the bank before completion.
As usual, the application fee of Rs.100 (Gen/OBC) or Rs.20(SC/ST) must be paid in cash at any branch of Indian bank using the given challan
- Visit indianbank.in, click on the sp.officers recruitment link under ‘careers’,
- Enter your login details & proceed to fill the online application form
- On successful submission, take a print of the generated document
Preserve the original fee payment receipt & application print for producing at a later stage.
Interested candidates can download the Indian Bank Specialist Officer Recruitment 2012 from their website here (.pdf file)