Punjab National Bank has come out with an advertisement for recruitment of specialist officers which will make PG degree holders to sit up and listen.It has been a while since public sector banks announced specialist officer vacancies & many CWE passouts were discontent over the time taken.
Unlike huge PO & clerk recruitments, spec. officer jobs are not high in number which is probably one of the reason for PSB`s to go slow in this front.
Punjab national bank with over 5100 branches across India is the second largest bank after SBI.The bank started in the year 1895 now has its head office in New Delhi.
Post & Vacancies:
* Hindi Officers – 51 posts
* Officer (HRD) - 20
* Officer (IT) - 35
* Fire officers – 11
* Officer (data analyst) – 2
* Officer (printing tech) - 1
|* Manager (credit) – 600 posts |
* Manager (security) - 18
|Senior manager (law) – 1 post|
Total number of vacancies – 740 posts (across diff. scales)
Online registrations of applications – August 1 to 17, 2012
Written exam for scale II posts - October 14, 2012
Punjab national bank has placed certain conditions for registrants & we are listing them for some posts.Refer the notice for detailed info,
For Scale I Officers,
- Age to be min.21 & max. 28 yrs as on 1.07.2012
- Should have a valid IBPS scorecard
- IT officer: BE/ B.Tech degree OR MCA from a recognized university, as on Aug 1, 2012 with following scores in cwe
- Gen:141, OBC: 136, SC: 126, ST: 121
- HRD officer: UG with PG degree/ diploma OR MBA/PGDM in HR
- Gen:136, OBC: 126, SC: 121, ST: 116
- Hindi officer: PG degree in Hindi or Sanskrit
- TWS of 84 for all categories
There are also openings for scale II Manager (credit) for which,
- Aged between 21 – 30 yrs as on July 1, 2012
- Must have completed CA/ICWA OR posses 75% aggregate in MBA/PGDM (finance)
- IBPS scorecard is not required
There wont be any tests for scale I posts & applicants shall be shortlisted for interviews based on their TWS scores.
For all other posts under scale II, III cadre written test is to be conducted in the following sections, Professional knowledge, English, Quantitative aptitude & reasoning for a total of 200 marks.
Depending on the test scores, candidates will be called for further selections
All selected appointees have to sign a service bond agreeing to work with PNB for
3 years or pay the specified amount if quitting.
How to apply:
The application fee of Rs.100 (Gen/OBC) or Rs.20(SC/ST) for scale I positions while Rs. 400 (gen/obc) & Rs.50 (sc/st) must be paid for scale II,III posts at any branch of Punjab national bank before Aug 17, 2012.
After collecting the fee receipt, visit pnbindia.in & fill the online application form
On successful submission, take a print of the system generated document for submitting during the Interview.
Those looking to apply for PNB specialist officer recruitment 2012 can download the full notification from their website here (.pdf file)