The announcement that received huge attention among government job aspirants recently would be SBI PO recruitment 2013.To work in India`s largest public sector bank seem to have driven many to apply.With the SBI PO exam scheduled in the coming days, each applicant would want to make themselves suitable for that coveted job.
State Bank of India is to conduct its PO recruitment exam on April 28, 2013 (Sunday). This exercise is being held to fill 1500 scale-I officer vacancies across various branches of SBI.
Since 17 lakh applications have been received, the competition is expected to reach greater heights.Hence we have compiled certain tips about the written test for you to remember & excel.
Know the Pattern:
This is a competitive exam for bank jobs & it is necessary for you to understand the test structure.Many would have already referred them while preparing but go through it for one last time patiently.
As candidates are required to secure minimum marks in all sections of the objective test, devise a plan beforehand.Decide which part can fetch you more marks, which requires more time etc.,
One may have prepared well but without proper time management, everything shall go in vain.The maximum allotted time for SBI PO exam 2013 is,
- Objective Test – 2 hours
- Descriptive test – 60 minutes
There are 4 tests to complete under objective part with 200 questions in total. If you are confused on how to complete all of them in 120 mins, here is our simple suggestion:
We have given a max of 40 minutes for reasoning as it would require you to apply formulas & perform calculations.
The faster you complete General awareness & English lang. papers, the better it is for remaining sections.Start from a section that you are hopeful of answering & allot more time for the one that requires thinking.
Make sure to save time at the end say atleast 10 mins to check or answer leftover/ skipped questions.
Things to Note:
Apart from completing the exam on time, there are other important points related to this SBI PO Exam 2013 as well.You need to keep these following rules also in mind
- Carry your call letter with recent passport size photo pasted in the space provided along with original & copy of ID proof.
- Those entering the venue without call letters will not be permitted to write the exam.
- This is not an online test.Hence bring a ball point to fill your details in the question booklet & HB pencils for shading the correct answer.An eraser & a sharpener would also be required.
- Each wrong answer will fetch you 0.25 negative mark.Hence choose an option only if you are sure.(read how to minimize negative marks by guessing)
- Rough work are to be done on the question booklet which should be submitted to the invigilator.
- Do not spend too much time on one question.Continue with others & return at the end to answer it.
- Calculators, Mobile phones, Bluetooth devices are not allowed inside the examination hall.Don't try to sneak in with these & get disqualified.
Not sure on how much to score for qualifying? Checkout SBI PO previous cutoff marks
Inaddition to qualifying in SBI PO exam, you should secure high marks for proceeding to the next stages as written test marks have certain weightage in final selection.