Food corporation of India, a public sector undertaking has announced recruitment of Junior engineers & Assistants (grade II & III).FCI is one of the largest organizations in the country that facilitates distribution of food grains all over the country, fetch the right price for farmers, take necessary steps to implement national food security etc.,
Just like IBPS bank exams, the FCI recruitment 2015 notification would generate lot of excitement among those looking for govt. jobs in India, primarily due its large no. of openings.
With the FCI depots & offices spread across India, it has numerous offices in each zone.Hence there are many openings in different departments which will appeal to candidates with varied degrees.
Note these dates:
Online application registrations from February 16 to March 17, 2015
Written Exam dates will be announced later.
Post & Vacancies:
The following list will tell you about the list of openings that are available through this FCI recruitment 2015.
North Zone comprises of: Delhi, Haryana,Punjab, Chandigarh,Himachal Pradesh,J&K, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand.
South Zone: Andhra Pradesh,Andaman and Nicobar,Karnataka, Lakshadweep, Kerala, Tamil Nadu,Puducherry, Telangana.
East Zone: Bihar,Jharkhand,Odisha,West Bengal, Sikkim.
West Zone: Maharashtra,Goa,Madhya Pradesh,Chhattisgarh,Gujarat,Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
North-East Zone: Arunachal Pradesh,Assam,Nagaland,Manipur & NEF
Region (includes the State of Mizoram,Tripura & Meghalaya).
Who are eligible?
Are you thinking of whether you fulfill the eligibility conditions & apply online for FCI exams? Then read below for the qualifications:
Age must not be above 28 yrs as on Jan 1, 2015 (+3 yrs for OBC ,+5 yrs for SC/ST,+10 yrs for PWD/PH
- Civil: Must have completed degree or diploma in Civil Engineering (one year
experience required for diploma holders)
- Electrical Engineering: Must have completed Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering (1 yr exp. needed for diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering: Must have Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (1 yr. exp. necessary for diploma)
Assistant Grade III:
Age of the applicant should be or less than 27 years as on 1.1.2015 (+3 yrs for OBC ,+5 yrs for SC/ST,+10 yrs for PWD/PH
- Depot: Graduation in any degree with proficiency in computers.
- Accounts: Must possess B.Com degree along with computer operation knowledge
- General: Candidates with degree in any discipline & proficient in computer usage
- Technical: Should have completed B.Sc.(Agriculture) OR B.Sc. (Botany / Zoology / Bio-Technology / Bio-Chemistry / Microbiology / Food Science) OR B. Tech / BE (Food Science & Technology /Agricultural Engineering / Bio-Technology) & knowledge in computer operations.
All the above educational qualifications should be valid as on January 1, 2015.
Exam & Books
The selection process for FCI 2015 recruitment involves an objective written test comprising of different papers.
|Here are some books for the upcoming FCI recruitment exam: |
* FCI Exam Guide (paper 1,common for all posts) – Rs.296 – Buy Online
How to Apply?
All those who are interested to apply for the FCI recruitment 2015 must submit their applications online after paying a fee of Rs.350 before March 17, 2015 through Internet banking, Debit card & Credit cards.
SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Serviceman & Female candidates need NOT pay any fees.
There is also an option to remit fees at banks which must be done after generating e-challans.For detailed steps about this method, kindly refer page.15 of the advertisement.
A separate website has been created by Food Corporation of India for this purpose.So you can download the FCI recruitment 2015 notification from here (.pdf file) at (www.fcijobsportal.com)